Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:39:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reseting A Neighborhood...  (Read 1404 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pretchard

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:31:55 am »

Is it possible?  huh

I'm currently "operating" in the Belladonna Cove. I was planning on building a series of house and businesses along the coast line. So, I laid down a bunch of empty beach lots. However recently, I found some nice looking beach lots on some of the sim sites I visit. Here's my issue: Even after bulldozing the empty lot and all adjacent objects/decor, it still will not let me place the pre-made lot. I know it's not a measurement issue because I tested it on a "dummy" Belladonna Cove and it works just fine. Which brings me back to my original question. Is it possible to reset a neighborhood? (I don't care about the inhabitants. Evil) Or is there an alternative to this mess? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 07:20:11 am »

Take out your entire Neighborhoods folder from My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 and put it somewhere safe. Run the game. It should create fresh copies of all the hoods. Remeber to remove the entire folder, not just it's contents. If you remove it's contents you'll just end up with zero hoods. The whole folder has to go.

If you need to restore some hood backups because you were playing other hoods, exit to desktop and restore the backups. Otherwise stay in-game and go into your fresh copy of Belladonna Cove.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pretchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:42:45 pm »

NICE!  YAY Thank you so much! I can't tell you how annoying it is to not be able to something on nothing, if that makes sense. Once again, thank you...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: