Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:45:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resetting a Lot  (Read 2402 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:15:02 am »

I had a police station on a community lot for awhile now. I just recently placed this lot in a new neighborhood and tried to reset the zone. I went in and typed in "changelotzoning residential", saved, and then exited to the neighborhood. It switched over like it should, but then when I added a family, I got a weird result. No family was to be found and the "Sim" option button found in the menu was gray ~ just like it is in the community when you enter them. I ended up just moving them out and creating a whole new lot. This has happened a couple of times I've tried this.

I entered the right command. Is it, possibly, that when you have a lot as a community for a very long time, it gets stuck that way? It shouldn't be that, but just thought I'd ask. Any suggestions on why this happened?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:20:01 am »

You probably need to download and place in a buyable mailbox and trashcan (and delete the community lot phonebooth and trashcan). Preferrably before you place in a family. The AL version is here, but I'm not quite sure where the earlier versions are.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »

Hey, thanks for the tip. I have all EP's up to Pets. But I will try this. Hopefully, it will work and I'll get back to ya'.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:09:51 pm »

Finally found the site.

Under "Lot Setup Collection" here, you'll find the version for Pets/Seasons, and also one for BV/FT just under it. That should cover most EP setup scenarios Wink

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 12:19:15 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:35:51 pm »

Well, I tried your first tip and deleted the community items and it still didn't work. I used to be able to switch lot zones all the time ~ no prob. Weird. As for the download tip ~ thanks, I'll bookmark that. My computer is, unfortunately, too crippled to download anything right now, but that will be one of the first things I will download once I am able. I'm always switching a lot's zone type.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:14 pm »

You have to first change the zoning, then place the mailbox/trashcan, then save, exit, re-enter the lot to check if it worked (not really neccessary, but it's good to know if it did work), then quit, and after that you can move in the sims.

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: