Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:13:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighborhood Help  (Read 4648 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:59:57 pm »

I have a hood that I have been building on for a while. It has two shopping centers, a college, and a downtown attached to it. The hood's layout is Strangetown, and the terrain is too bumpy. I hate how uneven the ground is and how the ground looks on properties in the Neighborhood view. I wanted to just package up my whole hood and erase that hood, placing everyone in a newer, flatter hood.

But packaging every household one at a time is so slow. And I have revamped townies that I want to keep, but they aren't in houses for me to package. And to package my apartments, I would have to move the families out to pack the buildings. I don't even know how to package families from the game.

Is there any quick fix here? Is there any way to quickly package everything, so that I can just move all of my Strangetown homes and families into a newer, flatter hood? Is there a way to just flatten the entire neighborhood I already have? And would the first option involve my associated hoods (the shopping centers, college, and downtown) if I were to delete Strangetown when i was done moving my families to the new town?

How would I go about making a new town, and attaching the associated hoods to it while keeping all of their houses and settings? Is there a way through any of this? Any information is much appreciated.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 06:50:32 am »

OK, to start: packaging pre-played families into houses = Very Bad Idea. Moving an occupied and pre-played house into the sim bin ends up ripping the character files as the sims' relationships to sims in other houses get severed. And borkination of all sorts ensues when these occupied pre-played houses are placed in a new hood. Do not do this if you want your new hood to survive longer than a month or two.

Do you have FT? Just use the new neighbourhood terrain elevation cheat/tool to flatten the hood. You may need to temporarily move families to the sim bin and make copies of their houses into the lots and houses bin (unoccupied!) so you can place everything back down again once you're done leveling. The cheat is modifyNeighborhoodTerrain [on/off] and you enter it in hood view and then use [= Raise, ]=lower, \=level, p=Smooth terrain

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
simsplyr
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 02:08:18 pm »

OK, to start: packaging pre-played families into houses = Very Bad Idea. Moving an occupied and pre-played house into the sim bin ends up ripping the character files as the sims' relationships to sims in other houses get severed. And borkination of all sorts ensues when these occupied pre-played houses are placed in a new hood. Do not do this if you want your new hood to survive longer than a month or two.

Do you have FT? Just use the new neighbourhood terrain elevation cheat/tool to flatten the hood. You may need to temporarily move families to the sim bin and make copies of their houses into the lots and houses bin (unoccupied!) so you can place everything back down again once you're done leveling. The cheat is modifyNeighborhoodTerrain [on/off] and you enter it in hood view and then use [= Raise, ]=lower, \=level, p=Smooth terrain

Hi SenkoTwiik,

Engram is correct about about the problems with trying to package lots with families.  However, if you use the neighborhood terrain tool, then you can use the lot move tool to move a lot to another location while leveling the area which had been around it.  I've done this successfully with no indications of problems  (of course if anyone knows of reasons to not do this, let me know).

The problem is that the neighborhood terrain tool won't allow you to select terrain near or occupied by a lot (at least a lot with sims residing).  Moving the lots away, modifying terrain and moving the lots back worked for me.

Thanks, simsplyr
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:40:13 pm »

Thanks guys! This really worked well!

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: