Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:12:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Rose's Sim House Portfolio  (Read 19992 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:54:43 am »

Wow...I have posted on InSim in, literally, years. So many changes on here! I'm still stuck playing with Sims 2 up to OFB though =[. Anyway, I build tons of homes...and I figure instead of just being lame and keeping my portfolio of houses to myself, I would show them to you lovely forumers!

Note: I use a lot of CC in my game, and if you want to know where a piece came from then ask, I'll try my best to figure it out.  Cheesy

So the first house 'up-for-sale' (to my simmies I mean, since I like to pretend to be an estate agent for them too haha) is a grandiose ridiculous palace that errs on the <possible> side of monstrosity >_<

I plan to update a lot because I build a lot, hence my own thread. Hope you like!
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:11:56 pm »

Very immaculate looking, what a walk to the mailbox lol.  Can't wait to see more!

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 06:01:16 pm »

My PC would gag and gasp for air if I ever tried playing a lot that huge. WOW!!! Talk about some heavy duty high society living. I second HappyThoughts notion on looking forward to see more. Cheesy

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 03:32:43 am »

Haha, yeah, the mail would probably get collected by a maid if you had that much money though >_<

As to my comp, its a Mac Pro (really I should be using it for work related things but hey...sims beckons) so it doesn't seem to mind the heavy memory/graphics demands. =P

UPDATE:

Here's my next sim home for you to have a look at (this is an update because photobucket was taking ages >_<). Its asian inspired, although not all that authentic because I've only just started on using the boolProp elevation cheat. And I'm struggling with it haha. Hopefully I won't make anything too deformed. This house offers some tranquility in opposition to the garishness of the previous home.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 05:01:29 am by ladyrose » Logged
JocusDorkus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 04:50:45 pm »

Ha, yeah, I haven't been around in ages as well. I mean, I've stalked, but not much more. 'Bout time I get into the swing of things though, lol.

Definitely on board with HappyThoughts and Kaoz666, only from what I've seen so far, I look forward to many more!

That palace is truly huge and magnificent! Though my computer wouldn't just gag or gasp for air, it would flatline at the drop of a custom object Tongue

Love love love  Love the second house. You can tell it's Asian, but not too conventionally so either. I don't think I've ever seen a house like that, amazing!  Rock

LJ: JDsims
"I'm really glad he's getting married, I was just hoping it wasn't to someone who has a spider infested soul..."
CaptainRC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 05:09:58 pm »

Are you making that Sultan's Palace available for download?

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." - James T. Kirk
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 07:50:15 am »

I don't think I've ever seen a house like that, amazing!

Why thank you ^_^ I'm sure someone else has done one which is similar, but thats a lovely compliment.

Are you making that Sultan's Palace available for download?

Errm, well I'm pleased you think its that good, but its got a ton of CC in which I'd have to find all the relative artists for and look up their policies! I could remove the CC and just give you the layout with a list of CC to find...I'll have a think about it, and see just how much CC is in there before giving you a definite answer. If anyone else is interested then I'd probably be more likely to search around.

Anyway, moving on...

This is my next Simmy home for you to oogle, or rather, its three homes all built next to each other! I haven't got Apartment Life so this is as close to apartments as my simmies are going to get for now. All the homes are identical, and are big enough for one person. Perfect if you've just come out of Uni, and have two friends you want to live close to (but not with haha)!

JocusDorkus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 02:39:37 pm »

Ooh, like a row of town houses. It has a classic (I'm thinking brick row houses) style to it, but with a more modern appeal to it. I love them!
Awesome work!  Rock

"I'm really glad he's getting married, I was just hoping it wasn't to someone who has a spider infested soul..."
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 03:27:18 pm »

Hehe thank you. While I'm online I figure I'll post again! Also been trying my hand at recolouring [but thats over at ISA].

Here's a modern looking thing, I liken it to a converted multi-storey car park because of the pillars beneath it! Its clean and functional though and fits anyone who likes that 'cool' [as in temperature] kind of living.

EDIT:

Right well, after a lot of internet 'legwork' I might be able to put up *most* of the Sultan's Palace! That is, if anyone wants it still? I'll have to remove a couple of items because of certain creators Policies *gnashes teeth* BUT I will put a reference to them as a friendly suggestion for those who are interested enough to go and get them. Also some of the content is from sites that are either a) dead or b) don't have a policy/TOU, so I'm going to go with the vibe that they were/are awesome and let us use their stuff...until they correct me.

Please make known your stance on the matter [i.e. whether you'd be interested in the Palace, or any other houses]. Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:31:06 am by ladyrose » Logged
JocusDorkus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 05:08:21 pm »

Ooh, I like the sleek modern look to it. Though my favorite part about it would be the pull that continues underneath. Awesome sauce!  YAY

I'd love to download the Sultan's palace, but my comp would implode me thinks. Or explode. Or both simultaneously.
However, I think that many other people are interested. 

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 03:38:27 am »

Haha thanks! Well, I guess I'll go into the game soon then and remove the content that can't be uploaded and package it up [again].

Heres a new one, really quaint and a bit sickly in some ways [too much pink for my liking, I could never live in it]. It looks really nice in the neighbourhood though, and I imagine it would probably suit an older couple right down to the ground!

JocusDorkus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 01:47:16 am »

Ooh I love it! And not just for an older couple, I'd use for a smaller family too. A starter maybe? I think that could work too. Either way, love the lines. Especially the front of the house, with that corner window.  Heart2

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 03:52:54 am »

Ah, sorry for not replying for a while! Lots of things have been happening outside of the Sim-World, so I was taking a little break. But I'm back! And thank you for your kind words ^_^ I guess it could be a starter home, if it wasn't for the price haha. A second home perhaps.
Heres my next home, a large traditional style home with lots of room, a big garden and a greenhouse for green-fingered sims.

note: I still haven't uploaded the sultan's palace because I haven't been in-game much, this is an older house I made >_< sorry!
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 02:41:41 pm »

Thats a nice home, very detailed yard.  I like the way you made the roof on the greenhouse, very nice touch. A double fireplace even OO la la. Keep up the good work, and we all patiently await your posts, no worries.  It takes time to post updates even for the simplest things, so don't apologize for having a life in between them lol.  Cheers

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 02:25:13 pm »

Heres a home I finished making literally five minutes ago [hence no estate agent type stuff yet, I'll update it when i go back in to get proper shots]. I am so pleased with it, that I had to share! My first ever properly-used boolProp home! Yay! Its taken me about 3 hours to make, on and off, because of all the bridges, but I had the idea in mind from the beginning and I just couldn't let it go. Anyway, without any further ado;

A Japanese/Chinese Mixed-Theme house Preview!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: