Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:08:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Rose's Sim House Portfolio  (Read 19996 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HATTERS
Cracked Armor

Winter for a year

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 10:17:44 pm »

These are nice houses! That last one looks especially great, I love the arched bridges. ^_^ I would love to do them myself but haven't gotten around to it.

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 02:23:55 pm »

Is the inside fully furnished? Or are you still finishing?  I have yet to figure out the boolprop stuff, only used the moveobjects cheat for building.   Very pretty landscaping, the bridges are the perfect touch.

I'm still curious how you made the roof to the green house in your pic of the Traditional Country Estate, I still love that.

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 10:26:11 am »

Thank you both! I plan to go in game today and take some proper shots of it.

HappyThoughts Its all finished. Believe it or not, I furnish before I finish off the landscaping so the house is always the first thing done. For you, here is how I did the greenhouse -
Lethe's Victorian Greenhouse
(Mod The Sims Link)

Its gives you all the side windows and roof windows you need to make it. Plus you can use it to make modern/space age stuff too (something I'm still playing around with in my game)!

Hopefully I will have more things to pop up on here soon.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:28:32 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 10:29:24 am »

Just fixed your link for you. Smiley You had "http://" at the beginning twice.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »

Thank you so much for the link to those, I really do appreciate that.  Will be a nice add to my already overused roofing selection.   Grin  Furnishing the houses are always the last thing I do, especially when I'm designing for a particular family's style.  Turns into work more than play lol.  Keep up your good work too, and I hope your finding time to play too.  Cheers

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 06:12:06 am »

caffeinated.joy - Thanks for changing the link for me, must've pasted more than once by accident or something >_<

HappyThoughts - Glad they'll be of use to you. Tis one of my favourite CC sets.

I finally come bearing proper pictures of the Japanese/Chinese house. My games been crashing lately for no apparent reason (I quarantine all my CC so I've tried taking bits and pieces out that have gone in recently), but it won't stop me trying to make my houses haha!

Heres the final mock up, the only thing I forgot to put is that its fully furnished, but you can see that in the pics.

ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 12:11:32 pm »

Hopefully its okay to reply to my own thread, even though noone else has for a while. For those who check back in, I've got one of my older houses here that I'd like to share with you. It got a kind of Mexican/Mediterranean feel, I think, so I hope you like it. I thought it would be nice to show a 'warm' house in all this bad weather we're having (over here in England).

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 03:45:25 pm »

I think you can reply to your posts aslong as a full day has passed, especially if your updating. 

I have a question for you now, in the first picture of the Mexican/Mediterranean home, there's a building to the right.  Looks pretty cool from what I can see, will you be sharing any pics of that one too? 

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 04:59:04 pm »

Yep, HappyThoughts has it right. As long as at least 24 hours has passed, you can reply to yourself. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 04:50:33 am »

Aaah, okay, I will bear the 24 hours in mind next time =]

HappyThoughts - yes, I will share some pictures of that home if you'd like. I'll go into the game and take some pics since I haven't got any yet. I guess it kind of got overlooked when I was having a building spree haha.
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 03:37:09 pm »

I haven't updated in a while, mostly because of the snow over here in England (I don't know if any of you have heard/experienced any of that?) but I guess also because my partners had some time off and we spent it together.

Anywho, moving on, HappyThoughts heres that house you were asking about! Its actually a sort of apartment complex, a peaceful one I always imagine, where people go to be calm and do a bit of soul searching. As usual, it comes fully furnished.

JocusDorkus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 08:54:32 am »

Ooh, love this floor plan! The house is amazing! And is that an indoor pool?
Awesome work  Rock

LJ: JDsims
"I'm really glad he's getting married, I was just hoping it wasn't to someone who has a spider infested soul..."
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 06:13:21 am »

Thank you! Actually the pool is all outside, but it surrounds the whole of the house (hence the roof garden, otherwise they'd have no greenery! O_O ), I guess if simmies were really people they could use the pool to swim in, because they could just hop over the mini fence, but simmies being simmies, they can't 'cos I didn't give them a ladder or a diving board haha.  Evil

I got bought Bon Voyage for Xmas by my fiance so I should have some weird and wacky (and hopefully some nice ones too) holiday destinations to show soon. Meanwhile, enjoy a random house I made a very long time ago, in a traditional sort of style, but with an "eco-friendly" twist.

JocusDorkus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 08:07:32 am »

Ah! I guess from the angle it looked like an indoor pool. LOL though! I sometimes do that too. They can get quite annoying with pools around, lol  Whistle

Ooh! You'll enjoy Bon Voyage. For a while I thought about it, actually, I think it was the last EP to get for me, but then it really turned out to be lots of fun. I'm sure you'll turn out gorgeous vacation homes!  Cheerleader

Meanwhile, I'm loving this Eco Friendly Traditional home! I've never been good with making my sims greenhouses and yours is just stunning! I think it's the simplicity of this home that really makes it stand out. Beautiful!  Love Struck

And now I'm off to bed...  Off to Bed  (<-really just an excuse to use that smiley, heh)

LJ: JDsims
"I'm really glad he's getting married, I was just hoping it wasn't to someone who has a spider infested soul..."
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 11:25:43 am »

Yes, I am enjoying BV, even though the lag is terrible sometimes when I'm actually playing families because I like to use the biggest lots to design on, and have tons of NPCs about doing things (chefs, waiters, maids, concierge, shop assistants, baristas etc etc). I haven't managed to find/see any of the new NPCs though, like Bigfoot, which is a little annoying. I like the new roof types though. =]

I'm currently designing a set of three lands (one tropics, one mountain, one asian) with loads of different resorts on them, and I'm almost done with the first holiday lot that I'm going to show you!! *jumps around happily* I'm going to use these three lands to send the currently pending self-sim and fiance-sim to haha, since we can't afford to go on holiday in real life at the moment.

Thanks for the compliments about the Eco Home - I'm actually quite interested in ecology and eco-friendliness. ^_^ Have a good sleep! I'm loving the hat hehe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: