Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:01:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bumpmap troubles on default replacement?  (Read 2925 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2010, 03:54:19 pm »

I'm trying for the first time to make a default replacement for some maxis clothing. I get the right texture to show, and the bumpmap has the correct texture, but shows up wrong, as if the lighting on it is opposite of what it should be.

(it's the uubodyambulancedriver-blue_txtr and uubodyambulancedriver-all-bump_txtr I'm trying to change)

I'm not sure what is going on, as I've replaced both the bump map and texture map with the appropriate textures. The original non-default looks normal, without any troubles.

I've had the same problem on some other outfits that didn't like bump maps in 1024 size, but those were toddler outfits (originally 512), and they corrected when I changed them to 512.

This, however, is an adult/teen outfit, and both textures (from an enabled outfit in Bodyshop) are 1024. Teen to elder uses the same texture maps, so there are only two textures to change. The textures were all kinds of sizes, however, and I've got no clue what is the right method to change them... Neither this tutorial nor this one mentioned anything about bump troubles, and I didn't find much else using Google...

I'm building textures with DXT, and have tried both DXT3 and 5, none made a difference.

So what I'm wondering is, has anyone bumped (pardon the pun) into this problem before, and knows what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for any help Smiley
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:59:35 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:29:51 pm »

When building the texture(in Simpe) with the Nvidia plugin you use DXT5 but before you click commit you change the format to RAW8bit.

No longer active
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 02:40:04 am »

Thanks, Bloom - it worked  Grin

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: