Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:10:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Won't let me buy clothes  (Read 3195 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
henisacat

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2010, 07:42:24 pm »

Okay, every time i try and make one of my sims buy something from the clothing rack, it comes up with this error that says "An error occured in N004_t202_user blah blah blah
Error: missing string in action table
and then it says the error is found in ea games/the sims 2/logs/object error ObjectError_N004_t220
Then I get three options - Delete, Reset, and cancel.
and I can't do delete because then it just deletes my sim and it turns into build and buy mode,
I can't do reset because that just does nothing, and the same goes with cancel. also, objecterror_n004_t220 is a text document, and it just has all of this weird coding stuff. It might be because of the custom content I have, because I have quite a lot of it. So does anyone know a way of finding out what the problem is, where it is located and deleting it once and for all so it doesn't do this anymore? Thankyou soooo much
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 07:56:40 pm »

Mmm, I smell a hack conflict.

Go through your Downloads folder and dig out any hacks you downloaded that modify the dresser and/or clothing rack. Chances are you either have two (or more) conflicting hacks, and/or the ones you have are outdated. If you have an error log, (the text file you mentioned), you could try posting that and we can see if it lists anything.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
henisacat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 08:22:36 pm »

Okay, this is the one.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me what it is thats causing it!
It just says "Missing action in string table" or something,
Also, some additional information. The same thing happens when you click on the wardrobe just to change clothes, however you can just click reset and then click it again and then you can change clothes. But this doesn't work with the clothes rack thing.

* ObjectError_N004_t220.txt (61.6 KB - downloaded 131 times.)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 08:44:24 pm »

I'll take a look at the file, but one thing in the meantime; did you remove your hacks/mods as Jenna suggested and test run your game to see if that fixed the problem?

Edit: I noticed the following:

Stack Object name: Food - Drink - Fantazero- Menu

Do you have any custom foods? I did a search and came up with this. Do you happen to have this in your game? If so, that could be the problem. Custom food items are just as EP specific (and can be even fussier) than game modifications.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:50:39 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
henisacat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 09:28:07 pm »

Yes I have that fanta thingo, but that's it. So do you think that would be the problem? Nothing to do with custom clothing?
So, should I try and remove that file? Geez, its gonna be hard finding it hahaha.
Okay, So should I remove the downloads folder temporarily and try that?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 09:32:10 pm »

Yes, I would try removing it and see if that fixes it. It shouldn't be hard to find. I just downloaded the fanta file and opened it to find the file name. You just need to go into your Downloads and look for the four following files:

(Lurania)LattinaFanta.package
(Lurania)LattinaFantalemon.package
(Lurania)LattinaFantamango.package
(Lurania)LattinaFantazero.package

Pull them out of your game (don't delete them yet, just move them to your desktop), then start your game and see if the error still happens. If not, you've found your problem. If so, you have some more digging to do.

henisacat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 10:24:31 pm »

YESS!!!!!!!! THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANK YOU THANK YOU OMG IT WORKED THAKN YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU THANK YOU OMG YAYY
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 10:25:45 pm »

LOL. You're welcome. I'm glad it worked.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: