Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 11:56:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My sims won't eat :(  (Read 3434 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2010, 12:29:52 pm »

Ok well, the title pretty much sums it up. I have my sims prepare and cook the meal. After it is ready to serve, they will not eat. The action queue completely disappears and the meal and/or serving is gone. There is a small glitch when they grab their plate and the serving is gone.

I downloaded the Hack Conflict Detection tool and scanned it for conflicts. I found no conflicts with my mods/addons. So now, I'm not sure what to do or why this is happening. I was hoping someone has experienced the same problem and could help me out in finding a solution.

I used all Maxis objects i.e. Fridge, stove, counters ect.. and still got the same issue. Please if anybody knows what to do let me know. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance to you all.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 12:44:15 pm »

As I've told many others who rely on the HCDU, it's a good tool, but it's not a catch all. It doesn't find conflicts, per se, but, rather, it finds mods that change the same behavior. Just because it lists mods, doesn't guarantee they'll conflict and, conversely, just because it doesn't list any mod conflicts, doesn't mean there aren't any there. It won't recognize all moad in your game (for example custom foods ... I believe). With that said, it is a good starting point. If you're having problems, by all means, run it. If it lists any conflicts, take the listed mods out and see if it fixes your game. If it doesn't list any conflicts, then the best thing to do is take all your mods out and see if that fixes the problem.

If you have any custom foods, then take those out at well. They are just as EP specific and capable of messing up your game as any other game modification.

If your sims eat fine with your game free of mods, then you'll need to hunt down the one(s) causing the problem. The best way to do that is to use the 50% method. Also, if you don't have your mods in a subfolder, now would be a good time to start implementing that. It makes hunting down mods much easier. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »

Thanks Joy. I removed all my custom foods and nothing happened then my hacks and still nothing. I did however find a particular hack that I had missed when doing all this. Better locations for eating. And low and behold that was the culprit that caused this chaos. I reinstalled all the food and hacks and everything is working normal now. I appreciate your tip and advice. Thanks again for all your help. Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:14:30 pm »

You're very welcome, Cindra. I'm glad you got it fixed and thank you for letting us know what the culprit was. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: