Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 07:48:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sudden crashing?  (Read 3985 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
junkies promise

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2010, 02:37:56 am »

Okay, so... my game is usually pretty good about not crashing on me. But all of a sudden it's decided it hates mirrors. Downloaded mirrors, base game mirrors... just mirrors. Every time I try to buy one, it crashes. If I turn reflections off, it seems to work. But I was always able to have the reflections enabled before.

If I go to a lot that's already had mirrors placed on it it seems fine, even if I have the reflections enabled. I have no idea what could cause this... Help?

PS: I did download a couple new things recently, but they were all loaded with the game launcher... and were CAS related. I can't recall if I've tried to buy a new mirror since I downloaded the latest patch though... maybe that's it?

ETA: I just took my mods folder out and tried to launch. Still having the same problem...

And just now I disabled all CC I've installed with the game launcher... same issue. I'm starting to think it's the patch... hjsadkahs Damnit.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:50:04 am by junkies promise » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 06:33:01 am »

The quickest way(in my opinion) is to make a new windows user account, or(if there are already others) go to one and boot the game.
It will create a completly new sims 3 directory in your documents and settings the moment you boot up your game.(on that user account, it wont effect your existing one)

Check the mirrors
If the game crashes the problem lays in your pc, update/reinstall
videocard drivers
Direct x

If the game runs fine the problems lays in one of the files in your sims 3 directory on your original account.
Corrupt caches, delete them.
Corrupt ebc files(files that EA creates the moment you install CC)
The ebc files contain the links to CC that the game uses
Corrupt packages file in your DCBackup folder(it will not use the sims3packs located in your downloadfolder.)
You might need to use the EA installer to uninstall CC
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 06:38:08 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
junkies promise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:27:05 pm »

I would have replied sooner but the problem seemed to have fixed itself until just now. I had created a whole new directory and everything and it seemed to work great. Then I found one lot that would just crash the game if I tried to move the camera and a mirror happened to be in the way. Deleted that lot completely, built a new one and things seemed fine again until just now. It happened again.

My drivers and everything are updated so I know it's not those... this is just really annoying. Especially if I've forgotten to save. Which I did just now.  DOH
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 01:04:26 pm »

Sounds like your game hates mirrors or something...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
junkies promise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 03:45:11 am »

Yeah, and it didn't before. That's what confuses me. I seriously think that EA might have messed around with the reflections in the latest patch since they seemed to mess around with the shaders for no apparent reason. So now my computer has decided it hates them. What makes it weirder is that it only happens on certain lots. And there's no similarities between the lots it's happening to either.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 03:55:58 am »

Reinstalling is probably the only thing that will get rid of the problem for good. And you might want to keep clear of that particular patch. EA patches are known to sometimes mess up more than they fix, and it seems that particular patch might be in that cathegory...

I'm not sure if it's possible to re-use saved games or not in Sims 3, though (as I've never tried). And it is possible those lots might keep the mirror bug or be incompatible because of the patch.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:05:04 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
junkies promise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 05:15:40 am »

I did reinstall when I got Ambitions about a week ago. That's when things seemed to be alright until just yesterday.

The lots it's happening to are both regular game lots and ones I've built. The lot it happened to yesterday was one of the pre-made ones in Twinbrook and I've never played it before. So I'm not sure that's the problem.

I'm gonna experiment a bit more and if it comes down to it - I'll reinstall again and stay away from the current patch.
junkies promise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 11:15:25 pm »

Posting again because I installed the newest patch. Everything was running smoothly - including the water reflections - until today. Same problem. So... looks like I'll have to turn off the reflections. I don't think it will ever work right again. :\
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: