Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 01:20:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game crashing at loading screen  (Read 7039 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 02:04:07 pm »

Ok, I got another question and thought it'd be a waste to make a new thread for it. I just used a flash drive to transfer my sims 2 files to anoter compuiter, I put all the folders for each expansion into the Program Files section of "My computer" but the game and all the epxansions still aren't installed. What do I do? Do I need the disks? If so then it's a lost cause Cry PLEEEASE TELL ME I DONT NEED THE DISKS!

EDIT: Bodyshop seems to work....

sorry for double postin but this is kinda important...

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 02:09:57 pm »

The neighborhood files and all that stuff can be transferred between computers without much trouble, but I do think you have to install the gamefiles with disks. Can't say it for certain, though.

You did make sure you used the right path, did you? And all the needed folders? If you transfer between PC/mac, or XP/Vista, for instance, there will be slightly different paths. For Vista - especially if you have 64 bit like me, there will be two Program Files folders, and the game files must go into the (x86) one. 

You could try to install the basegame (if you have it), to see if you do have the right paths. It's easy to forget something.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 02:26:35 pm »

Yeah I transfered from one Windows comp to another(granted, one is significantly older than the other) and put it in the right programs folder..the problem is I have no idea where about half of my disks(base game included) are. lol I fail Tongue

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 07:06:26 pm »

Yes, you need the disks.  There's stuff in the registry that can only be put there by the installer. 

Sometimes you need to delete either the Thumbnails folder or the NeighborhoodManager.package file to fix a crash.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 06:05:55 am »

Dang. Guess im goin disk huntin around my mess of a house. Thanks again guys

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 01:52:12 pm »

yes, you need to install the game with the disks, or download the game.
The moment you install sims important registry key's get installed, your missing those now.

No longer active
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: