Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:35:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cheat to place objects off lot?  (Read 2818 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Groundshaker

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2010, 04:17:20 pm »

I know there was a cheat to place things outside the currently active lot, to place streetlamps and such but I forgot it, can anyone help?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:30:13 pm »

Moveobjects on, maybe?

You can't place it entirely off the lot, but you can place it in the street or on the road where you can't place it otherwise.

With boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (true turns it off), you can place some objects slightly off the lot grids, in some cases.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Groundshaker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:21:50 pm »

I tried both and neither worked the way I wanted. The cheat I'm thinking off let you put streetlights on the other side of the sidewalk

it's possible the cheat was made obsolete but I don't know by what
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:34:38 pm »

Moveobjects lets me place anything (except certain build objects) as long as it's inside the grid system of the lot, including the road and the line of sidewalk on the other side of the road. You won't be able to put anything outside the lot, though.

But you can place neighborhood objects so that it looks like they're just outside the lot. There are some signs and traffic lights, and things like that.

If you mean on the lot side of the sidewalk on the other side, then I know of no hacks. There might have been something that let you expand the lot to the other side of the road, but if it is not the lot adjuster (MTS), then I've got no clue what it was.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:57:44 pm »

If you mean on the side-walk on the opposite side of the road to the normal build area, "moveObjects on" will do the trick.
Groundshaker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 09:00:38 am »

thank ya both, it was MoveObjects
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: