Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:31:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims wants wont show  (Read 3982 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dasi
*Moonwillow And The Star*

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:18 pm »

So in my game I dowloaded hula &more mod but I think it messed my game up (Their wants wont show up and sometimes they start spinning in s circle), because I missed the warning that it doesn't work for Apartment Life. So I removed it from my download folder. But they still do it. Is there anything else I missed? huh
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:35:13 pm »

You might have a mod that's been silently conflicting in your game until now. It happens more often than people realize. I would suggest taking your mods out and seeing if that fixes it. If it does, then you'll need to root through them to find which one is doing it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Dasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 04:13:40 pm »

thanks will do.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:00:05 pm »

Game bug, maybe?

I've had some similar trouble, but only if messing around with growing sims up when they're not supposed to (like with Insim or other similar mods). Sometimes the wishes don't show until they grow up again or something like that. It doesn't happen very often, and mostly on random.

I do have the hula hack myself. It says it's compatible with AL (I've got all EP and SPs, including M&G), and I've not noticed any related bugs except for the fact that the hula hack option disappears if the sim is sitting down.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 12:10:15 am »

The only time I had Sims' wants disappear was after they'd been moved to another neighbourhood. In that state they did nothing, not even moving, just standing there breathing and unable to respond to any command. I put it down to their wants having been dependent upon other Sims or on-going transactions that were no longer present.
The only cure I found was to delete the Sims on the lot then restore them, but that means using the Insim.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:49:47 am »

Moving a Sim to a different neighborhood borks your game.

Be careful.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 12:53:15 am »

The reason for that, Ironbeard, was because you moved Sims to another neighbourhood. This is a big no-no for your game and should not be done or recommended. Not only do wants break, but the memories of that sim and the sims in the neighborhood break. This can cause your game to explode tragically.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 01:32:13 am »

This old dog will never learn - I keep doing the move my Simmies with house to new neighborhood hoping I will get away with it but it eventually catches up and, well, how to say this nicely(?). Forget it. Can't say it nicely.

I will say I am learning to rebuild my neighborhoods and Sim populations faster.  Cheesy

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 02:25:55 am »

Cowards! This game was 'borked' the day it first saw light.

However, I have many Sims happily grazing in pastures new. I learned that in order for them to make the move, you first have to sever all their family and friendship ties outside of the house, then if possible or desirable kill off all the Sims who aren't moving to the new hood with them. Oh and clear the lot and inventories of everything that isn't purely cosmetic.
If any slip through the net, you can usually find them under Default in the Insim. Summoner menu in the new neighbourhood and can happily drop a satellite on their heads, or whatever.

The other method involves using Christianlove's Sim cloner, cloning Sims to a new lot then transferring the lot to the new hood. It's less involved and the Sims have no existing relationships, but they lose all the cherished memories of the originals.

Anyway, my original point was that perhaps the thread starter was seeing the results of Hood Transfer Syndrome, but I see we have strayed off topic a bit.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 04:24:05 pm »

It's called derailment. It happens to trains and topics in the community all the time...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Dasi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 02:22:41 pm »

The problem I'm having is global in my game every sim and any sim I have in my game has the same problem, so I took off all the custom content and mod/ hacks etc so my game was completely bare but the problem is STILL there. At this point I'm losing my will to play. So I took off the only EP I have and that's AL EP8 and after that my game was completely fine like nothing had ever happened. Someone told me to get EP8 patch to see if that will help. So I re-installed EP8 and then the patch, and that promblem is still there. My sims can't learn anything, eat, or sleep. Sometimes they just spin in a cirlce and won't respond to anything. (mind you I still don't have any custom content mods/hacks put on my game). I still can't figure out the problem.  Cry
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 04:08:34 pm »

Dasi, dear.

Sound like something crossed wires in your base game and AL EP8.

Don't remove AL but try plopping The Sims 2 directory on your desktop and get the game to regenerate itself.

I think it is worth a shot.

You will have to add a download folder and I think Packaged Lots folder once your base game has regenerated The Sims 2 directory.

If the game starts working well with the AL EP8 and your simmies are having fun again. Check the old directory to see if there is anything else you want to salvage from it.

Good Luck! and Hugs!

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: