Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:21:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OFB content not showing up after installing AL  (Read 4523 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Yaspis

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2010, 02:01:36 am »

Hullo all,

I installed AL the other day, and after patching my game, updating my hacks and global mods, went on merrily simming, happily tromping through the new features and fibbly bits. Until today, when I noticed my game doesn't recognise OFB as installed anymore.

I'm running XP, and have yet to have this problem. I've all the expansion packs installed sans Pets, and none of the stuff packs. My computer still has all the OFB files, it shows up in the Programs list through Control Panel, and even the Start menu folders are as they should be. The HCDU doesn't flag anything that might be pertinent.

I'm utterly at a loss at what on earth to do, short of a complete re-install, which I'd be reluctant to resort to before I've heard from you people. I've an involved, developing custom neighbourhood that is slowly entering its second generation - I think I'd pitch a sobbing fit if I'd have to forfeit it. Any thoughts? Any and all ideas are most appreciated at this point.

-Elina
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:23:01 am »

If you back-up all the files in the "The Sims 2" folder where you find your Downloads folder, then reinstall (in the correct order), then replace the generated files with your backup, things should work fine.

I installed the game on my new computer (first the EPs and SPs I used on my laptop), then moved the game from my laptop, and installed the rest of the EPs and SPs, and everything was on place, nothing deleted or disappeared.

That's why you always should take backups before installing a new EP or SP, you know Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Yaspis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 02:53:57 am »

I do make back-up regularly - I was simply hoping a full overhaul wouldn't be necessary. :/ Inconvenient, and time-consuming, but I suppose there's no help for it. I wonder what causes that glitch... it's a really pesky phenomenon.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:21:07 am »

You could try to move everything out of that folder, and run the game so that the files regnereate, and see if things are back to normal then. If so, moving files back should work fine.

Backup first, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: