Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 03:31:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop multiplying like crazy!  (Read 14293 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simsberry

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:10:23 pm »

:confused:Hello everybody, first i want apologize in case i write wrong since english is not my mother language  rolleyes, I want ask help because i want know where i can find that sims bodyshop creates, the thing is, i just installed the sims, with a fresh windows too installed (i formated pc) but it made too many sims samples on bodyshop i guess its a problem and not a normal thing, because i remember i later ages some time ago i had a bodyshop with not so many sims, detail: i dont have any mod installed, its a fresh installed game, i installed and reinstalled many times in this and other computer and happen the same thing? Anyone know what this problem is? Anyone already happened this? Please tell me the location to go delete these sims there are more than 200 samples. Thanks in advance rolleyes
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:18:31 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:21:01 pm »

Please do not upload your images directly to the server. Instead, host them on your own account with whatever third party image host you use. The only reason why we have the attachment feature enabled in this section is so people can attack their error log files.Read this sticky post (which is clearly visible on the forum view of this section) for more information.

To that end, I have removed your uploaded images. You may repost them, but please do so using the proper method.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:26:12 pm »

Oh ok im sorry for that. I will try post somewhere else.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 12:44:06 am »

You don't have to go elsewhere to post, all Joy was saying was to upload your images to Photo Bucket or a similar picture site and then use the image code that they provide on this site in a post. Did that make sense or did I phrase that badly for you?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 01:05:45 am »

Exactly. You can post your help question here as well as your pictures. In fact, pictures showing your exact problem are great. Like Paden explained, we just need you to post them via Photobucket, Tinypic, or whatever image hosting site you like to use, instead of uploading them as attachments, OK? Smiley

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 03:44:04 am »

You'll find the sims you've created in Bodyshop in the folder named SavedSims (unless you've moved them to your Downloads folder). They show up as random numbered files, something like this 3f606535_1b9e3b65.

The SavedSims folder is located in the same The Sims 2 folder where you find your Downloads folder.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:20:15 am »

Hi Theraven thanks for reply me, i did not create them, i know the created go in that folder, they was created when i installed sims and the EP/SPs, do you know where that sims samples what folder they are? thanks in advance
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 10:41:56 am »

(Same The Sims 2 folder)

Neighborhood --> N00x (number of neighborhood, N is the first letter, x is the number) --> Characters

Don't mess around too much in there, though. Might mess up something even more...

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 04:49:56 pm »

Hi people sorry to bother again!
Theraven thanks alot for your help  huh sorry for my ignorance i did'nt understand what you tried say me  Sad is that folder in my documents or program files? And i did not understand what you mean by "x"  and n? How i can know what are the "sample" sims?
I got all confused  please somebody could help me out? Cry
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 07:20:28 pm »

In your Documents folder.

"N" is the first letter of the Basegame neighborhoods, and will also show on your custom hoods. "x" is the number of the neighborhood. Pleasantville is N001, Strangetown is N002, Veronaville is N003. Your custom hoods will be named "N004", "N005", and so on. If you have EPs (Seasons, AL and FT), there could also be Neighborhoods named "E001", "F001" and "G001", which are the extra neighborhoods installed with the EP.

The sims in the neighborhood folder are the ones that are either CAS sims you've not given a family yet, or sims living in a house in the neighborhood. I think they're also townies and NPCs, and that lot. The sims you've played with or have shown up on the lot you've played, will be saved (or saved over) when you save your game. They've got nothing to do with what appears in Bodyshop.

The sims in the SavedSims folder are either downloaded sims you've installed (The default EA installer puts them there, but the clean installer you can set to install directly to your Downloads folder if you want), or sims you have made yourself with Bodyshop.

So let me get this clear.
Sims you have not made, and have not installed, are multiplied in bodyshop?
Or sims you have made (or downloaded and installed) are multiplied inside Bodyshop?
Or do the multiplied sims appear ingame?

My site:

Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 10:05:59 pm »

Hello Theraven  again  rolleyes thanks for your reply again.
The answer is:
*Sims you have not made, and have not installed, are multiplied in bodyshop
Because i did not make them also i did not even played the sims, i installed a fresh game now as i just formated the system windows, then i opened bodyshop and there was full, really full of sims many adults many children many toddlers  shocked do you know what's wrong and how i can fix this? Where stay the folder where they are to i delete?
Thanks in advance.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 10:32:32 pm »

It could also be a thumbnail issue.

If you go into Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Thumbnails, you'll see a file called "CASThumbnails.package. Try deleting that. Don't worry, it will regenerate when you open Bodyshop again and, hopefully, it will have fixed this problem.

Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:15:45 pm »

Hi caffeinated.joy thanks for reply. I deleted that file from inside thumbnails folder, but it did not fix the problem Sad the sample sims remain!
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 11:39:14 pm »

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean but please note that whenever you install TS2 and expansion packs, you also install a variety of ready-made Sims that appear in BodyShop and CAS and cannot be deleted. Yes, they are probably unwanted and yes, they are as ugly as sin, but you're stuck with them!
Other times, Sims you did not create might appear or be duplicated after you install a ready-occupied packaged lot.
And did you make sure to delete everything from your previous installation before re-installing the game?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 02:48:18 am »

IronBeard is most likely right.
These ready-made sims also appear in CAS, but since there are a lot less of them there (sorted into age and gender) it's easy to think there is something wrong when you see them all together in Bodyshop. They should all be wearing maxis hairs and clothing, and I think most have default faces.

My site:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: