Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 09:07:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop multiplying like crazy!  (Read 14295 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:12:35 am »

Theraven that's right these sims always be created when we install but the problem is i know how many sims are normally installed because before times ago when i installed sims it was a normal amount of sims and now its super full of these sims i think it's about 500 sims there maybe more, so its not normal right? And i need to delete them, i don't know why they was created so many sims because i di not put any mod yet. I only need know where is the location of these sims please. huh
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 09:19:40 am »

Oh my God, it's Plague of Zombies all over again! 500 worthless, non-deletable Sims? For real?
I've never heard of such a thing with TS2 so my first thought is maybe your system is infected. Maybe it's time to conduct an up-to-date scan for viruses, worms and trojans, some of which are known to cause file duplications via installers.
Star Wars
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 10:07:06 am »

Do you use the correct version of Bodyshop? You must use the version that belongs to the newest EP you have installed (some SPs are considered EPs by the game, like MG, and if one of those is your latest "EP", then use this version of Bodyshop.)

It could also be an installation bug. You could try to reinstall the game again. If you have played some after you reinstalled, and don't want to lose your game, then backup your gamefiles (the ones in the The Sims 2 folder in Documents), before you reinstall again, you shouldn't lose anything if you move back the files after installing (run the game once first).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 05:50:12 pm »

Ok theraven thanks for your help and yes i removed it was easy because the game was new no saved games, i installed only the sims to see with out any EP, and i open bodyshop and the same happened( i said 500 sims but im not sure how many, but it seems infinite because when i pass it looks will never finish ok) Just because the person above was making fun so i don know but are many im afraid it will be huge. So nnow i aprecciate if anyone still could help telling me where is the location of these sims so i can delete them.
Thanks in advance.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

Something keeps popping into my mind when reading this.

I knew this lady who caught a virus/bug. And, what it did was, it latched onto her Excel program and made spreadsheets until her hard drive was full.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 05:59:26 pm »

If these are game generated sims, I don't think you can delete them without them just coming back or the game generating more. I don't know for sure, because I've never had this problem.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:22 pm »

Something keeps popping into my mind when reading this.

I knew this lady who caught a virus/bug. And, what it did was, it latched onto her Excel program and made spreadsheets until her hard drive was full.

Exactly. Bonita, you really need to scan for a worm.
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 10:44:51 am »

It's not virus i use avira  tongue
Anyone know where is the location of these sims samples?
Paden maybe but i'd like to try delete.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 10:59:31 am »

You could try to move everything out of the "The Sims 2" folder (in the Documents folder) and into a separate folder on your desktop, and run the game so these files regenerate. If the problem is still there after you quit the game and open Bodyshop, you will probably need to reinstall everything.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 12:06:15 pm »

Thanks Theraven for reply, i already did that yesterday, it was regenereted all again, first i posted some pictures here but was removed, it was showing all my bodyshop full of sample sims,  i don't know how to post pictures here to show it problem. I just can'tunderstand that hotlink thing i tried read:-[ Now the only thing i want know is the location! Thank
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 01:24:08 pm »

i don't know how to post pictures here to show it problem. I just can'tunderstand that hotlink thing i tried read:-[ Now the only thing i want know is the location! Thank

Your pictures were removed because you uploaded them as attachments instead of placing them directly into your post. Paden's explanation on how to post images was quite clear, I think:

You don't have to go elsewhere to post, all Joy was saying was to upload your images to Photo Bucket or a similar picture site and then use the image code that they provide on this site in a post. Did that make sense or did I phrase that badly for you?

When she asked if it made sense, it was a perfect opportunity for you to say so. So, if you still don't understand, it's because you didn't ask for clarification. Let's try this again. If you have a picture on your computer you want to post here, go to Photobucket, Tinypic, Imageshack, or whatever image hosting site you like and upload it there. Most image hosting sites will give you a code to use for posting images to bulletin boards (called a BB code), but it's simple once you have the image url. It will look like this:

Code:
[img]image url[/img]

So, for example, I have a Photobucket account. If I took a picture in my game and wanted to post it here, I would first make sure to resize it to 600 x 600 or less, then upload it to my Photobucket account. Photobucket provides the BB code you need to post to bulletins, which looks like this:

Code:
[IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/caffeinatedjoy/Contests/Portal%20Page/Nature.jpg[/IMG]

Copy/pasting that code here will give you this:

Also, it was suggested by a couple of people that you scan for viruses. Have you done a virus scan? If not, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 02:20:53 pm »

She said she has Avira but I dunno how good a program that is for detecting computer worms. And yes, the damn sample sims WILL regenerate because the game does NOT allow for them to deleted. Maybe you can open the separate Body Shop proggie that comes with the game and get rid of them from that vantage point, I dunno.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 07:33:55 pm »

Hello it's me again, and i come with the same problem unsolved  tongue
Every single time i install sims 2 i get this multiplying pre-made bodyshop problem... I'm sure now it's not in EA Games folder located in my documents, since i deleted it and still get the problem, I don't know how many pre-made sims have there, but i believe every time its multiplying more and more, not a "virus" issue too  tongue i have exchanged computers many times!  tongue So any clue of how i could fix it? And please forgive me english is not my main language!  Sad Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------
p.s
I just installed a fresh copy of the game... so there is nothing in my downloads folder yet.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 09:16:07 pm »

If you have all EPs there are apparently supposed to be about 200-300 sims or therabout, probably depending on your EPs. Bodyshop shows ALL the sims in the CAS bin, so as long as all the sims are different ages and genders, it's perfectly normal. Just had a look in Bodyshop and mine does the same (all the sims in my bodyshop are different).

Say there are 16-24 sims in each bin. Multiply with 6 ages, and then with 2 genders, and you're at 200-300.

If there are many identical sims, and over 1000 sims (since you said they're multiplying), then you might have a problem.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:25:03 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Simsberry

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 10:02:46 pm »

No, i think you are right... it must be about 200-300 pre-made sims =/ but then it annoys me alot, i will NEVER use them and i'd like to delete them  Sad
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: