Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:55:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New (to me) Error Message  (Read 2744 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2010, 03:51:59 am »

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 05:37:49 am »

Woah! Good question. I've never had an error code while loading. I checked my Logs for that error code and couldn't find it. I'll definitely ask around at other sites though.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 07:07:30 am »

Looks like a seasons related error to me. Can't say I've ever seen that particular error, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:03:06 am »

Post the error log and perhaps someone can figure out what is the problem.  Just having a screen shot of the error pop up really doesn't give enough information to find the solution.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 05:23:41 pm »

That was a great idea, Ancient! I figured out how to fix it. Finally - took a few tries. Even though the scan said there were no conflicts I found multiple issues. To get rid of the error, I ran my downloads through the clean installer several times. The error actually crashed the clean installer twice (I had never seen that). There was one object that when combined with the action of changing the lot from residential to commercial then back to residential that borked the game and clean installer.

Thanks, folks!

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 05:38:06 pm »

What was the object causing the problem (so we can know and suggest it to someone else if they have the same issue)?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 05:47:30 pm »

Not to mention so that we can avoid having it happen in the future. I've got enough problems with the silly thing right now with all of the making of content that I'm doing for a contest at another site, don't need the game to bork on me and not work at all. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 05:59:34 pm »

Sorry, I really hated to say because it was really my fault I had the problem. Switching back and forth between res to com to res, etc.

It was created exclusively for community lots and it is beautiful work. It was the cash register from Around the Sim .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: