Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 12:05:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to load the game so that the disc is not required everytime?  (Read 4380 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alipei

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:39:20 am »

Suddenly my M&G disc doesn't want to load.  I'm not sure if it's the disc or the cd drive.  It doesn't really matter which because I can't afford to fix either one.  So, is there a way to custom load the game so that the disc is not required and is so do I have to reload all of the ep's and stuff packs or just the one that I usually use as the game play disc (M&G)?

Thanks for the response.  I didn't mean to break any rules.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:49:22 pm by alipei » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 01:00:45 pm »

That would involve utilizing a crack, which we cannot and will not help you with, because it is illegal. Please familiarize yourself with the site rules, because this information is clearly in there.

Do not post, request or link to keys, key generators, cracks, warez/illegal software sites (or software piracy), crack search engines, file sharing networks (such as Kazaa or LimeWire), or any other illegal activities. Asking for any information regarding the location of the aforementioned items for any reason is also against site rules. This is certainly not an exhaustive list, so please use your common sense and, if in doubt, ask any of the site staff for clarification. Violation of this rule may earn you a straight ban without warning.

If your game isn't loading, it might not be a hardware thing. Does this happen with just Sims 2, or with any cds you put in? In it's just the Sims 2, then there are a few ways you try fixing it. It might be a bit time consuming, but if it means you can get your game running again without needlessly going through the expense of replacing your CD drive, it's worth it.

Take a look at this guide and go through all the steps. You'll hopefully find something there to do the trick.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
pocketypockz

When one door closes, make sure it doesn't bang.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 01:03:54 pm »

*links and information removed*
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:20:42 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:30:10 pm »

Have you tried to delete the cache files? That's one of the most usual reasons that the game won't start.

accessory.cache, groups.cache, cigen.package and contentregistry
(usually two or more, found in the same "the sims 2" folder where you find teh Downloads folder).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 03:16:49 pm »

*links and information removed*

Do not share information or links for no-cd cracks. I've stated this is against site rules and even quoted the rule in question, so following it up to give a link to how this can be done wasn't the most brilliant move. Once more and this thread will be locked and all parties involved risk being banned. You can offer advice on how to fix his game, so long as it does not involve how to run the game without the disk.

I hope that is plain enough.

IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 11:48:40 pm »

Do not post, request or link to keys, key generators, cracks, warez/illegal software sites (or software piracy), crack search engines, file sharing networks (such as Kazaa or LimeWire), or any other illegal activities. Asking for any information regarding the location of the aforementioned items for any reason is also against site rules. This is certainly not an exhaustive list, so please use your common sense and, if in doubt, ask any of the site staff for clarification. Violation of this rule may earn you a straight ban without warning.

Paradoxically, if you think about it, the rule actually tells anyone interested exactly how to go about it. LOL!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »

Sorry, I couldn't resist!
tee-hee-hee!

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
alipei

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 12:31:21 pm »

I didn't mean to do anything wrong or ask for anything illegal.  I'm not looking for a hack or crack or whatever the heck you're talking about.  I guess my question should have been: Would doing a custom installation instead of the standard one, enable me to play without the disk or not?  I have never tried the custom installation so I don't know what it would or would not enable me to do.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 01:16:56 pm »

There's no way to play the game without the disk that doesn't involve utilizing methods we're not allowed to discuss here. The problems with your game are likely caused by corrupt data, either in your Downloads, your cache files, your SavedSims, or something else, which is why I suggested you to go through the steps in the link I posted in my initial response. Smiley

Also, can you please answer my question? It would be a big help to know this:

Does this happen with just Sims 2, or with any cds you put in?

IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 01:24:57 pm »

*info removed*
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:51:28 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 01:53:17 pm »

IronBeard, did you NOT see my reply to the last person who posted this information? Congratulations. You just got this thread locked.

As I have said already, there is NO way to run the game without the CD that does not involve using methods not permitted here.

End of story.

Edit: The method you and pocketypockz described is intended for use with data that is not copyright protected or in backup and data recovery. Using it on copyrighted material is piracy. This means it is illegal and falls under our "No keys, key generators, cracks, illegal software, etc" rule.

Edit again: To clarify, it doesn't matter to me what you do with your game or computer. It's your game, your computer and your risk to take. Just don't bring here, OK?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:24:11 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 04:20:21 pm »

I have to agree with Joy and if she hadn't have locked this thread, I would have, especially given your disregard and disrespect for the rules as they've been stated. Either abide by them or the door is gonna hit ya where the good maker split ya when you're tossed out of it. If you guys wanna trade information like that, take it offsite such as a chat program or email, do NOT do it here.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: