Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:21:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reassign a Skin tone's mesh?  (Read 3840 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
IronBeard

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:27:34 pm »

I want to know if it is possible to edit a Skin tone package file so that the Skin tone will be applied to a different mesh.

For example, say I have a Warlokk texture for his 34B36 body shape, but I want that texture to apply to his 34BN34 body shape instead.

Please do not advise me to create a new skin tone for the target mesh - I have a very specific reason for asking the above concerned with how I manipulate genetics in my game, custom Skintone changers and the like, all of which would take too long to explain!

Thanks
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:43:12 am »

I do imagine you just need the tutorial about linking skintones to meshes (I know there is one, I just don't feel like hunting it down right now - probably here at insim or at MTS), and skip the cloning parts, going straight to the linking part. Still, read everything, and make sure you don't skip important parts.

Linking isn't very difficult, as I do think it's much like linking a body mesh to a recolor.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 02:05:08 am »

I do imagine you just need the tutorial about linking skintones to meshes (I know there is one, I just don't feel like hunting it down right now - probably here at insim or at MTS), and skip the cloning parts, going straight to the linking part. Still, read everything, and make sure you don't skip important parts.

Linking isn't very difficult, as I do think it's much like linking a body mesh to a recolor.
Ah yes, now you mention it, that rings a bell. I couldn't find the tute here so I'll have a trawl around MTS2 when I have more time.
Thanks.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:32:46 am »

Best is to use Simpe's PJSE tool for it.
Open the skintone.
click the property set.
Look up the files(aftop and afbottom in your case) you want to relink and write down it instance numbers.
Go to 3D ID referencing file and look up the first instance number you wrote down.
select it in the resource list and use PJSE tool(tools) to link a new mesh to it.
when done click commit and save

No longer active
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:50:30 pm »

And Theo's method: http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tutorials/tutorial-mesh-linking.html

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 08:32:46 pm »

Thank you guys! I'm looking forward to trying this out over the weekend.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: