Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:24:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Never Starts... AT ALL!  (Read 4618 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2010, 08:18:42 am »

I've done everything I can think of and my game never starts, no matter what. I currently have all the expansions, yet I've stripped out and un-installed everything (including EADM), removed cache files, updated, even tried to run it as base game and I get nothing. Right now I'm trying to run it with absolutely NO cc whatsoever, freshly reinstalled, brand-spanky new and it's still complaining about a non-existent mod, telling me it may cause crashes, and freezing on the load page. HELP! THIS THING'S TOO FREAKING EXPENSIVE NOT TO USE AND I CAN'T RETURN IT!!

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 10:12:04 am »

Maybe it needs to be updated? Some of EA's updates fixed what was wrong with the Sims 3 when it was released.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:52 pm »

Maybe it needs to be updated? Some of EA's updates fixed what was wrong with the Sims 3 when it was released.

updated...

Off the top of my head:

1.) What are your system specs? It may be possible your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run the game.
2.) Have you updated your video and sound drivers? Do you have DirectX properly installed?
3.) If you're trying to run mods (such as Awesomemod) it requires the Framework to run. (Most core mods do).

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:34:47 pm »

here's the funny thing, the game used to play on my pc many moons ago. haven't played it since shortly after it came out. it's an intel dual core with 4GB memory and only older than ts3 by a couple of weeks. i ran a couple of tests for compatibility and it passed with flying colours. i stripped this thing down to the bedrock, removing even a few programs that weren't associated with it just to give it a bit more memory to run with, tried to play just the bg with no cc anywhere near it and it froze as soon as the bar in the load screen went completely green. the fast lane doesn't even play the music... or move, for that matter.

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 12:45:57 pm »

here's the funny thing, the game used to play on my pc many moons ago. haven't played it since shortly after it came out. it's an intel dual core with 4GB memory and only older than ts3 by a couple of weeks.

That is strange. Is it possible that your computer itself doesn't have enough memory?
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 12:47:57 pm »

checked that too. it's got more than enough. there's a guy over at mts that's having the same problem, only with less people to help.

The AA needs you
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:51:44 pm »

What kind of video card do you have?

jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:20:20 pm »

Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset

The AA needs you
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 03:55:28 pm »

That might be your problem. The Intel G45/G43 Express is on the list of supported cards/chipsets for running the game, but it's still a chipset, and not guaranteed to run the game reliably -- let alone the additional Expansions and Stuff packs. TS3 is pretty resource and graphic intensive, and to run it even half-way reliably, you need a proper video card. Chipsets are designed more for multimedia applications and casual gaming.

Other issues I can think could be an overheating or power issue, due to a malfunctioning fan or power supply. I'd check into that as well.  Other than that, make sure your video and sound drivers are up to date, and that you're playing with the original game executable; there's a number of nocd cracks/patches that are notoriously botched. The last issue, of course, can't be discussed here due to site rules and you'll receive no support for it -- so don't even mention it.

That's the only advice I can offer you at the moment.

jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 05:02:44 pm »

aw crap, you mean i gotta spend MORE money? DAMN YOU EA!! ...and advent!

The AA needs you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: