Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 01:06:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Linking Skins to werwolf Body?  (Read 5436 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ivn8play

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2010, 02:16:36 pm »

Hi, I was just wondering how I can link a skin tone to one of the werewolf bodies by SynapticSim, and the HBB Werewolf by Marvine and Beosboxboy. I tried already many times but everytime I put them in game they look funky. I know there is already a skin with these meshes by the wonderful BlooM, but I need one with the male adults and elders as HBB Werewolves. I know how to link skin to meshes when the mesh includes a top and bottom, but with the werewolf ones it seems that they only have a single mesh for the body so Im lost. Does anyone know how I would link this then?  huh
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 03:44:52 pm »

In what way do they look funky, and which tutorial have you been using? Maybe we can figure out what you're doing wrong.

I've not tried linking skintones, but I'm pretty sure you will need top/bottom to do this.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ivn8play

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 12:38:15 am »

Well as of now I'm away from my computer so I can't post pictures, but once Im able to I'll post some. Anyways I've been linking skins to meshes for a while now with no problems, so i'm not using any tutorial. But when it comes to the werewolf meshes I mentioned I'm at a loss. Regulary there would be a top and bottom, but those meshes don't seem to have two only one. I tried applying the mesh to both the tops and bottoms similar to how they are in the skins I found them in, but when I try them in game the adult males look gray with a weird underwear, the teens look like a mix up of different colors of different clothes. Is that enough information to get a idea on my problem?

Thanx by the way for wanting to help.
Ivn8play

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 12:56:46 am »

Okay, here's as promised some pictures I took of the problem I'm getting, and by the way it kind of looks like their dressed but these are nude shots.

Adult:

Teen:
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 10:11:56 am »

Normally a skintone is linked to a top and a bottom but with the werewolve shapes there aren't any seperates.
So you either need to split the fullbody meshes into seperates(with Milkshape) or link the skin to the fullbodymeshes the way i did with them.

Its been a while but best is to clone the werewolve skin i released here:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108325.0.html
and then link the bottom meshes to your fav fullbodymeshes.

However,
I dont know wat happens with the filenames when you clone the skintone with bodyshop as i changed the subset(bottom) to subset(body)
That you need to check first.(check if a cloned skin still works in your game.)

No longer active
Ivn8play

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:27:32 pm »

I'll try that. I'll let you know as soon as I can if it worked. Thanx  YAY
Ivn8play

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 10:59:20 pm »

Okay, so it sort of worked tongue . But now this happened, the whole gray thing, and the half females. I should of mentioned that I was also planning on changing the female bodies to Riogal as well. Lips Sealed .

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:24:50 am by Ivn8play » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 11:26:44 pm »

When you post nude pics, can you please blur out the "special" parts? Yes, they are "barbie" skins, but we are still a pg-13 site.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 01:18:25 am »

You mean updating that werewolve skintone with a female RIO bodyshape?
If you want to do that you can not use/clone the skintone i made as it is linked to a body subset and for RIO you need a seperate top and bottom subset.(unless you correct the subset names for the females.)

No longer active
Ivn8play

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 09:36:29 pm »

Oh, I guess I can do without then. Thanx for the help. But I'm not giving up someone on the adult site gave me link to a promising looking skin that Im sure will work out. Thank U again BlooM Love your work!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: