Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:26:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Library shelves have no books & recipe won't show up in foreign bookstore  (Read 7165 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2010, 05:05:26 pm »

Ok so I have two issues. I took my sim to the library to read and none of the many bookshelves have any books...glitch maybe?  When I click them it says bookshelf is empty.  Anyone have this happen before?   *Maybe the town's economy crashed and they seriously need a fundraiser/book drive Titter*

Also my sim has had a want to learn the stir fry recipe for a while. Then she got an opportunity to bring stir fry to a restaurant for a reward. However the bookstore in China doesn't sell any recipes.  I believe she has level 9 or 10 in cooking but even if she didn't shouldn't the recipe still show?

I appreciate your help resolving these issues, thanks.

Sims by Dasi:

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 05:51:31 am »

Sounds like a conflict with a mod that either changes the books or the bookstore. If you have any such, make sure they are updated for your current version.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:04:43 am »

Thanks! That solved the foreign bookstore issue.  I had never even known all the other books that should have been available at those locations until now--I found out so much more than just recipes were missing.   I have less than 10 mods in my sims 3 game but had never updated them, silly of me.  "Children Can Read Skill Books" was the only book-related one so updating that one fixed it.

The libraries shelves still showed empty though.  My daughter tried just replacing them through buy and build which works only the books available in the library are limited/repetitive.  I think I was able to read skill books and had more of a variety before so I'll have to work that out some more, but thanks for setting me on the right path.

Sims by Dasi:

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 12:22:54 pm »

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help a little. It is sometimes difficult to diagnose problems because skill mods can also hit the bookstore mods, and multiple book mods can easily run afoul of each other. Three so far is not as easy to add things to as 2 was, and often you may only have one mod in a given area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: