Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 07:22:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Appearance without reaction afterward  (Read 2990 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lovely_Lily

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2010, 08:41:16 pm »

Hello!
 I have been looking for a mod that stops sims from having a reaction to themselves after they change their appearance. Well, technically I am the one who is changing their appearance, obviously! For instance, sometimes they will cheer at themselves after you change their appearance, and other times they will laugh at themselves, etc.

I change my sims' appearances quite often, (for example, I'll have a sim change their appearance to take their makeup off before they take a shower...and then after they have taken a shower I'll have them change their appearance to put new makeup back on....too bad taking a shower doesn't just take the makeup off for you! I know that may seem quite pointless to have them take their makeup off before they take a shower, when I am just going to have them put it back on after they get out. I just thought it was unrealistic that when they take a shower, unlike when they take a bath, they are washing their face. So, I have always felt that the lipstick and blush, etc. would be coming off when they shower. Although, I guess if you have a good waterproof mascara maybe that could realistically stay on!)

Anyway, I'm really sick of always hearing them have an obnoxious reaction (or any reaction at all) to when I have them change their appearance. Is there a way to remove this reaction all together? (For ALL sims when they change their appearance?) If anyone can help me I would be so grateful! I don't think a mod like this exists, I have checked everywhere I could think of checking.

:::Pertinent Information:::
I have ALL expansion packs, and my Stuff Packs are: Holiday Stuff, Glamour Life, Celebration, H&M and Ikea. (At this moment I do NOT have installed: FFS, TSS, K&B, and M&G)

Okay thank you so much for anybody's help on this, if anyone replies back to this as well, I thank you for that too!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:26:25 am »

Tried the SimBlender or the insim mod? Both of them gives you the opportunity to change both appearance and do simsurgery, even change clothes. I very rarely use the mirror myself.

I use Insim, but it's unsupported, so use that one at your own risk. You can find the SimBlender at simbology.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:51:32 pm »

Another option is to use Pescado's Lot Debugger. The option to Fix... Flashing Blue will put a sim into change appearance mode.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Lovely_Lily

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:09:46 am »

Thank you Theraven and Engram for your responses and suggestions. I really appreciate the time you both have taken to try and help me out!

Unfortunately, those suggestions aren't really what I was looking for. I really like to play realistically (in the sense of having a mod that doesn't feel so user-involved, or "cheaty") I don't know how to quite put it....but I really like to use the global mods that just fix the issue at hand and change the game without having for example, the SimBlender object with all of its cheats and different options that, while they may be very useful and helpful, they imply a different game that is less realistic. (I know it's stupid to say "realistic" in a game that is undoubtedly not realistic in MANY aspects!!)

I do have MANY mods in my downloads folder, but they are all the same in that they are all mods that work in the background without having me to use an object that has all the cheats and power within itself. So I was just hoping for a mod that tweaked the "Change Appearance" so that the sim's reaction part could get removed. I still very much like to use the mirror to change my sim's appearance, I was just always tired of the reactions that most of the time occur. (I think a couple of times a sim may show no reaction at all, but that is rare.)

Still, thank you again for those suggestions, Theraven and Engram, I know that those are all possibilities for the majority of people who probably have no problem with using those types of mods. I guess I'm just one of those odd sim players who don't like to use those specific ones. (All the other mods from Pescado, and TwoJeff's I LOVE to use though! And I have lots of Squinge's mods, and various other people's mods that I absolutely love!)

I know that having new mods be created at this point in The Sims 2 is very hard to come by, as The Sims 3 has now overshadowed The Sims 2. Although there still is a lot of die hard Sims 2 fans (myself included!). Not to mention that most of the mods for the Sims 2 came out earlier in it's youth. So I will just live with it the way it is! It was a minor annoyance compared to some other things anyway!

Okay thanks again, and sorry for too long of a response....and for overusing/abusing the parentheses!!! (I tend to use the parentheses way too much) Like right now, I just did it again!

Okay, enough.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: