Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:35:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [MILKSHAPE] Bones Assingments, Trick?  (Read 3393 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
akihiro

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:09:56 pm »

Hi you all! Smiley

I am curently doing a second mesh using Poser 7.0, that i optimized with 3DSmax 8.

And I finished assigning all of the Right Hand ( which means all the fingers and such) and i was wondering as, there is a duplicating option, the same hand would have all the assingments done but obviously saved on the same Right bones.

But what i mean is that i want to know if there is a way i could change the bones names and for example replacing R_hand to L_hand, by keeping the assignments.

Coz its alot of work i mean i passed a hole day for this one hand so if there is a way to export that to 3dsmax and doing it there so i could maybe re importing it on milkshape then i unno but i really need your help! D:

Annyway thanks again for your time id really apreciate if you could help me.

Thanks Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:38:11 am »

I'm far from an expert on bodymeshing, and I don't know of a faster way, but the vertexes will have the same placement, so if you don't find a faster way, just do the exact same on the right side. You still have to do it vertex by vertex, but it will go faster, since you now know the exact weighing to put on.

If you have hand parts with correct bone assignments already made on another mesh, you could import that mesh with bone assignments (minus skeleton, of course), cut off everything except the arms, and glue them together (align normals, that is). This depends on whether the UV mapping is the same, or easily adjustable.

Many of the vertexes on the hand use the same weighing, so you don't have to do them vertex by vertex. Just mark the ones which are supposed to have the same weighing and give them the same. 

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:05 am »

You can fool arround with the bonenames if you like, its how i made the templates S2toS3 conversions but are you going to remap the hand on the uvmap when you duplicate it?

You have one hand completly done, save it.
Now mirror this hand to the left and change all the bone names in the joint tab(right to left)
Before you can change R_hand to L_hand you need to rename the original(L_hand) first, you get a error otherwise.
All this renaming will make the skeleton corrupt but thats not a problem.
you only want the mesh assignements, not the skeleton.

When done you should be able to double click the left hand joints and see the verts light up on your mesh.
Export the mesh

Start new and import your first custom right hand, then import the left one with the corrupt skeleton
Do not import additional bones(meaning a 2nd skeleton) and both the righ as left hand should have the correct bonenames.

Already mentioned it before, you do need to reUVmap the left hand as it is a copy of the right hand.

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: