Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 09:58:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Property line cheat  (Read 2838 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2010, 07:58:01 am »

I know this has been discussed here before, but I can't seem to find the topic. So here goes...

I would really like to build walls of my houses outside the invisible property line (two squares inside the lot). How would I be able to build right up to the lot boundary?

Like I said, someone knows how to do this here. I hope you can me out.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:52:40 am »

What you do is start with a big lot, then trim it down using Mootilda's LotAdjuster.  You still can't have walls running right down the edge of the lot, but you can have your walls "connect" across the property line.  Just make sure your house is a multiple of 10 tiles wide. 

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:13:50 am »

Thanks for the tip, miros1. But this isn't exactly the cheat I'm looking for. I want to be able to build a wall on the last tile line of the property with a cheat I can type into the cheat box.

But again, thanks for the extra tip.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:12:15 am »

I almost 100% certain there is no existing cheat code in the game that will let you build right to the edge of the property. There's a cheat that will allow you to set down floor tiles to the edge (and outside) of the lot, but not walls. It's "boolprop locktiles (true/false)". You set it to false to place tiles outside the lot.

The reason there's a limit set into the game restricting how close to the edge you can build is because the game needs to have a certain amount of grids free for NPC vehicles.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:20:00 am »

Hm, I understand that much. And I could be wrong about the walls going all the way to the edge ~ maybe its at least one more over. But I remember someone instructing how to do it and I was able to get at least one of my properties to do so.

Thanks for the locktiles cheat, though

If I'm confused, than I'll try to figure out what I did. But if someone can help me, that would be great.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:17:40 pm by kinnika » Logged

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 06:57:35 pm »

I once found a cheat which would let me build closer to the sidewalk, but nothing that would let me get closer to the sides or edges.  Since it wasn't what I wanted, I promptly forgot it, especially since I found LotAdjuster, which will do what I want, although as a separate utility.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: