Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:01:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bringing NPC Pregnancies To Term  (Read 7379 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zarafausta

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2010, 01:54:06 pm »

Here's something that bothers me: I have a number of NPCs that are pregnant, most notably the maid Kaylynn Langerak.  The thing is after a lengthy number of time with these NPCs walking around town or as in the maid's case coming into a home to clean, deliver something or visit, they never show their preganancy and have never given birth, while other female household members have given birth and the babies have grown up.  Is there anyway to have a NPC show their pregnancy and/or give birth without moving them into a home lot?  While I'm sure that's the easiest way (Objects like the SimBlender don't work on NPCs), I don't want to have a NPC who's been a servant lose their job and be replaced by another servant (I like having Kaylynn being the maid for a particular house).  Thanks!
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »

You can try this:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,20.0.html *you dont have to register to get it but you can still register if you like*

It has the option to make the sim selectable then you can control her. Then when she has the baby you can unselect her and she should resort back to how she was before you selected her. Hope that helps.  Grin

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work -Thomas Edison
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 10:46:00 am »

What a brilliant and cunning plan, Stinker! I am going to have to try that. *giggles with delight*

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:58:57 pm »

I tried it once with a sim I didnt want to move in myself I just wanted the baby. After the baby was born I gave the unwanted sim the boot. LOL!

Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:04:13 pm »

Incredible - that was my plan. Talk about great minds...

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »

Yep Cheesy

zarafausta

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 02:31:35 am »

Well, I checked that link and the item I was advised to try turned out to be the SimBlender which I said has not worked in bringing an NPC's pregnancy to term (even when an NPC is made selectable, the Blender only displays accelerate/decelerate pregnancy choices for house residents), so I'm curious how you got it to work.  Thinking about it, maybe the angle that's most pressing is the question of an NPC servant character losing their job once they move into a home lot.  The thing I've noticed is when a servant NPC is selected using objects like the SimBlender, their occupation is listed as "Unemployed".  I always thought that was awfully peculiar as why should a Maid NPC Sim or Gardener NPC Sim or Delivery NPC Sim lose their job when they move into a home (and why don't they have those sort of jobs availible in the paper or on the home computer then, huh?).  Mostly my fear is if, for example, I move Kaylann into a home lot, will she stop being the maid that cleans for the Pleasant house or the other houses she was the maid to?  I kind of like having familiar Sims dropping in like that...just thought it'd be more interesting if one showed up looking like she was actually pregnant and going about her duties which would happen in real life.  So, we got this double dilemma: a) how to give a servant NPC a decent home (where she can give birth) without her losing her job and b) being pregnant while keeping said job and remaining a fixture in the community's minial labor workforce.  Any ideas or anyone who wants to meet the challenge of possibly creating a new mod, give it a go! Thanks to anyone giving the time to read this topic! Grin
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 03:24:19 am »

Odd, I know I had it work before with an NPC. I do know I can't accelerate the pregnancy lol, so I knocked up one right now and will watch it for the time being. I hope I'm not mistaken *which I am suspecting I am* and thought I did do this before. I didn't move in the NPC either or I might have. I will have to try it out in both cases. If I'm mistaken, I truly apologize for my error. I should have tried it out again to double check before posting.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 03:29:23 am »

The NPC has to somehow be a family member before the baby can be born. Won't work otherwise, and making the sim only selectable isn't much helpful. Not sure if the SimBlender can add sims to the family, but the family tree belonging to the (unsupported) Insim mod can do it.

zarafausta, they don't lose their job, but they've got special NPC jobs instead. They're listed as unemployed because there aren't ingame jobs named "gardener" or "maid" and so on. They keep sosme of their NPC way of thinking if you make them a family member (I've had maids going to work in the morning, who never returned), but I'm not sure if it's possible to get them back to being a regular NPC employee. Been a long time since I last tried.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 03:42:22 am »

Thank you, TheRaven, for the correction. I moved her in after not trying to at first, but I did eventually had to move her in. That's how I was able to do it before. I didn't honestly remember moving her in. *turns red* I'm sorry for my error. I will next time double check on something like this before posting. The little plant or Family Tree as its called, found through the insimenator mod, I do know has the option to return her to a npc again. Again, I apologize for my error.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 07:58:00 pm »

At one time, just making a townie/npc selectable would allow pregnancies to progress.  That was corrected changed.  The sim actually needs to be a member of a household and on the home lot for pregnancy progression now.

On then it all changed again, this time through Chris Hatch's Hospital mod, if I recall correctly, there was something in the comments about townie pregnant sims using the hospital when a playable sims is a patient.  Chris worked his magic to make his pregnancy controller work on townies, so they will give birth without having to move a townie into one of your houses.  The Hospital mod is located in the adult section so use your favorite search engine to find it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: