Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:13:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem re-assigning mesh to skin tone - RESOLVED  (Read 5676 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
IronBeard

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:28:04 am »

Well, I've begun work re-assigning the female meshes used by certain skin tones using the Color Binning tool in SimPE.
(http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tutorials/tutorial-mesh-linking.html)

The method has worked perfectly for the adult meshes, but I've run into a problem with the female teen. Currently, all my adult and teen Sims have Bloom sexy feet in the Warlokk size range.
The skin tone I am currently editing is a 34A/32 which I want to show instead as a Fashion Model adult with an A/Reg teen body shape. The FM adult was no problem, but I can't figure out how to reassign the teen bottom mesh.
The only sexy feet default teen bottom in my downloads folder is Bloom's Blooms_sexyfeetDefaultTeens_Mesh.package (the only other tfbottoms I have are block feet ones).
No doubt for very excellent reasons, the Color Binning tool won't allow me to load Bloom's all-in-one package, and I am at the limit of my understanding as far as working with SimPE goes. It doesn't help either that I am using SimPE on a non-English operating system so error messages are only partly comprehensible to me.

If anyone has any bright ideas or penetrating insights, I'd love to hear them.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:59:54 pm by IronBeard » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:32:26 am »

My teen package is a default replacement and only will replace the default teen blockfeet.
Wat you need are Warlokk's teens with sexyfeet.
You find them on ISA, replace Warlokk's teen meshes with the updated ones from Siezlins as he made them.

No longer active
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 11:26:42 am »

My teen package is a default replacement and only will replace the default teen blockfeet.
Wat you need are Warlokk's teens with sexyfeet.
You find them on ISA, replace Warlokk's teen meshes with the updated ones from Siezlins as he made them.
Yes, I know that, but Szielins didn't include a default size in his interim sexy feet teens, just Sm, Lg and XL, which is why I installed your default replacement, plus I wanted toes for the boys too. I just spent an hour scouring the ISA boards to see if I missed something, but unless you know differently, your default sexy feet is all she wrote.

But it occurs to me that I might not actually need the Color Binning tool or a mesh to load. Presumably, if I have the correct reference details from another skin package that is linked to the default size, I can make a note of it and enter it manually somewhere in the target package. But I'm not sure where I should look or for what.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:58:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure Warlokk or Szielin did a XHi teen default, lemme look....

Nope, only BlooM's default sexyfeet are available.  The files I use are listed here: http://www.woodensimolean.dimensionality.com/node/83

I guess you just link to the Maxis default tf bottom.....

I'm trying to find the tutorial I usually recommend.  Here's Theo's, which uses his tool: http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tutorials/tutorial-mesh-linking.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:11:48 pm by miros1 » Logged

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 05:53:21 pm »

Oh, c'mon Miros1, you're just repeating what I've already posted here, including the tutorial link!

Obviously, I need to link to the Maxis default, but without a physical mesh file to link to, I'm screwed aren't I!
I considered using the barefoot bottom from Bloom's default teen skirt, but I wouldn't know where to begin removing the skirt (and don't tell me it's a zipper at the back!).
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 07:32:00 pm »

Would you calm down? If you react that way to everyone who believes they're trying to help you, pretty soon they'll just stop and you'll get no answer at all but silence.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 09:44:03 pm »

Well, I am sorry if my previous comments have been misconstrued; their inflection was intended to be taken as humourous (which is the correct spelling, by the way) rather than excitable. Perhaps this is one of those cultural differences that I really ought to have learned to to be more sensitive to by now, not wishing to cause offense or show ingratitude, as I am sure must be apparent from from my previous posts here and there.
However, if Miros1 was in any way offended, I am sure he would have made mention of the fact himself, whereupon I would unreservedly offer my sincerest apologies to him.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:36:09 pm »

So you need to relink the custom teen bottom to the default....srry if misunderstood.

Next time you better,
clone a default skintone with bodyshop
clone your skintone with your fav textures with bodyshop
While still in bodyshop you:
replace the default textures with your custom ones(just a matter of copy and past with explorer)
save the file with bodyshop
Then use Simpe to relink all tops and bottoms

to fix your existing skintone file:
Download this meshfile: http://www.2shared.com/file/3dCPlfQs/Bloom_tfBottomNakeddefault_Mes.html  Right bottom window(Save file to your PC: click here)

Link your teen bottom(skintone) to it
when done delete the meshfile

the gmdc in that file is the same as the gmdc in my teen sexyfeet file so your skintone will use it.

you were right about Warlokk's teen default replacement, i cant find it either.....not the HI-RES or the XHI

No longer active
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 11:58:20 pm »

to fix your existing skintone file:
Download this meshfile: http://www.2shared.com/file/3dCPlfQs/Bloom_tfBottomNakeddefault_Mes.html  Right bottom window(Save file to your PC: click here)
Oh excellent, Bloom! Thank you so much for that. No more narrow hips! YAY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: