Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:43:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SimPE question  (Read 2845 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dadasdasdad

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2010, 07:35:13 am »

Is it possible to convert Sim adult clothes to teen clothes with SimPE? Is there any tutorial?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 09:32:08 am »

It's not possible. Teen and adult clothes are different in size, and will need different meshes. There will be huge neck gaps, animation troubles, and other size related mess.

You can only gender convert clothes safely between child male/female, toddler male/female, and age convert between same gender adult/YA/elder through SimPE without getting these problems. These three share the same size and skeleton. Adult clothing converted to elders will not have slumped and saggy bodies like other elder clothing, but will use the normal adult body. Same goes with elder to adult, where the adults will have the elder body. Young adults share bodyshape with adults, and those two are usually 100% safe to age convert between themselves, without no troubles.

In rare cases you can convert from one gener to another of the same age without getting troubles, but normally this will cause neck gaps you'll have to fix through the mesh.

With the Wardrobe wrangler you can easily gender-convert toddler and child clothing, or age convert A/YA/E clothes. Just a couple of button clicks, and you're done. For everything else you'll most likely need to learn some meshing.

There are tutorials on how to age convert meshes (and gender convert in the correct way). If I manage to locate the one I've recently used (and found very good), I'll post a link.

And the WCIF section is the wrong place for questions about creating, so I've moved it for you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:51:15 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 04:11:51 pm »

Do you want to convert the textures(colors) or the actual shape of the clothing?
Converting textures between the 2 is possible if there are identical meshes(shapes) available for both adult and teen.

Converting the shape is not possible with only Simpe, like Raven explained.

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: