Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:25:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bethrothal/Arranged Marriage Mod?  (Read 22411 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »

Hello!  To begin, I have all ep/sp's, my base game is Double Deluxe and I also have Store Edition.  WEW!!!  shocked

Anywho, I am currently playing a medieval 'hood and thought that this would be kinda appropriate to the times!  I have been searching/googling and have found a number of threads with various other gamers requesting this mod, but to no avail. And since I like to think of Insim. as kinda my 'home', and there was only one other request - but it was locked for mentioning 'that other mod', I thought I'd ask here!  Wink  Besides, this is home to the Great Squinge!!! - The Dork!!!!   Laugh

What I'm kinda looking for:
- Parent/guardian A 'proposes' a bethrothal to parent/guardian B between their 2 tots/children/teens/young adults.  And then when the children 'come of age' they will get married.  The children don't need to know or like each other...they just get married per the parents command.  This in turn, could give plus or negative (+/-) effects based on their personalities, relationship and interest and stuff.  It also could effect (+/-) the relationship with child and parent/guardian.

Thanks for looking (And considering!  Wink ) this mod request!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the Glory of God!
1 Corinthians 10:31
My Mission: to Fill the Gaps
Check out my LiveJournal!
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:01:29 am »

Can't belive no one gave you a lead to something that maybe as close as your going to get to a premade mod of what your asking for. 

I am not positive on the rules of mentioning adult themed sites so I won't even try it, I'm not even positive it's from one lol. 

But try googling for wedding arch mods.  I have one in my game and next time I launch my game I'll update this with it's file name.  It allows sim to get married no matter if they know each other or not, it evens summons the preproposed groom/or bride to the lot.  Same gender? Notta problem lol. 

I honestly haven't used it but it's nice to know its there. 
**Sorry for this slightest, tiniest, necro, it's way past my bedtime here anyway.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:29:07 am »

Is it in an Adult site? The marriage arch that allows all types of marriage was upgraded by Inge Jones on a work of a boy/or girl named Marhis. If it is not in Inge's site, it is sure at Pescado's site. I have my own version and I am sure that there's nothing in it that justify to be posted in an adult site. Maybe you got another version?
G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 04:11:48 pm »

SOMEONE FINALLY REPLIED!!!!   YAY

Thank you! But as for the arch, I do have this (if this is the one your talking about?!) But this request was for something slightly more than just an arch.  I was kinda hoping for the interaction between the parent/guardians and the (+/-) between the parent and the child!

No matter! I'm just REALLY grateful that someone finally replied!!! Cheesy Thanks again!

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:34:45 pm »

Well before I lose my momentum, I'm loading my game now to get the name of the arch quick for ya, also I was thinking on your wanted mod idea.  What if they just make a doctrine, even a fake object that looks like notarized old time parchment decreeing their promised betrothal.  It wouldn't actually do anything but the children/whomever could just be given the papers as a reminder of who belongs to who, hmm harder to explain than it was in my head. 

Our arches are indeed the same, Trellisor Special wedding arch to be exact, marhis and inge creators.  Wonder what a certain creator I know could do with your idea.  I've seen him tweak socials for teen pregnancies that actually make the parents/teen angry over her pregnancy, very cool.  So running your idea maybe of interest to him.

G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »

That would be GREAT! Thanks HT!
Maybe your friend could use this arch and just add to it? Seeing as the ground work is already there....  Huh?

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:14:46 pm »

Sorry g-knee, I just finally got around to posting about your wanted mod and am now awaiting a reply.  I forget things easily lol.  Especially when my own game is just groaning with unwanted cc.  Oh burn up and die already you stupid vidcard.  But I will get back with you via in this thread or pm with any news.

G-Knee
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 01:59:13 pm »

I just noticed your reply! Thanks HT! Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: