Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:07:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Outerwear Question  (Read 4008 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
blaquerayne

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2010, 01:52:47 pm »

Does anyone one know how to change the outerwear on a sim?  I got the clothes rack that lets the sim change into outerwear, but it's always the the one the game choose for the sim. How do I change the outit to the one I want?

Thank you.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 02:01:46 pm »

It's like any other outfit. Your sim has to actually own the outerwear you want them to wear before you can select it, then you have to make it the default outfit, again, the same way you pick what everyday/athletic/etc clothing they wear.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 02:12:00 pm »

I have the outfit but I still can't find it. I've put the outfit on them and went to the dresser but it wasn't an option, and it's not an option on the coat rack.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 02:45:20 pm »

If it's a custom dresser you have to make sure it's Season's compatible, since outerwear is a Season's mechanic. If it's not, then the option to select your outwear won't be available. Try using a non custom dresser and see how it works.

Also, when you were making the sim in CAS, did you not choose the outwear you wanted your sim to have and wear? If not, then you have to either go into town to purchase the outerwear you want or, conversely, use a clothing hack that lets you buy at home, like this shop at home coat hook (which does have the option to choose outerwear). Note, they warn the creator hasn't logged in for some time, so this is a use at your own risk item. I have all EPs and SPs and it works just fine. Another option is Monique's Hacked computer

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:55:22 pm »

Also, make sure your planning your outerwear first, otherwise the game chosen outfit will remain the default.  Planning is first, then change into to outerwear.

blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 07:53:36 pm »

I got the outfits I wanted, the coat rack and a Maxis dresser and still nothing shows up.  Unless the option only appears during winter, I don't know what's wrong.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:05:04 pm »

If it's not cold outside they won't wear any outerwear. What season is it for the household in question? Do your sims actually own the outerwear you want them to wear?

I don't know why the option to choose your outerwear doesn't show up, unless you don't actually have Seasons. The only other option I can think of is you have something in your game causing a conflict.

blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 08:32:16 pm »

Right now it's summer, I just got the seasons expansion pack so most of the households are summer(a few are in fall). I went to the stores and got the outfits I wanted but unless it was also an everyday, I'm not sure if it's there.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that a custom content or hack is messing with my game.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 04:46:20 am »

Are you using a dresser compatible with Seasons? As I mentioned earlier, if your using a custom dresser made before Seasons came out and which has not been updated for Seasons, then it won't give you the option to plan your outer wear. My suggestion is to use an EA/Maxis dresser (not a custom dresser) to try planning your sim's outerwear.

blaquerayne

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 02:18:29 pm »

I figured it out, it was either a custom content or hack.  When I disabled it, the outerwear option showed on the dresser. So now I have to find out which one it was.

Thank you for all your help!
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 02:54:45 pm »

I am so glad you got this one licked. Congrats!

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: