Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:40:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Weddings And Deaths  (Read 16883 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:29:27 pm »

Hi All
ok so first of all i was just wondering about your sims weddings. do you let them have a huge wedding bash , send them on holiday and get married, or do you have them just get married there and then with no party just the two sims exchanging rings. i myself love to have huge wedding party's for my sims. when i build lots i usually build a large room especially for big wedding partys.
i was also wondering, what do you do with sims urns and stones when they pass on ? do you have a special place in your sims homes for the urns or a cemetery on their home lot or do you move their stones to a community lot ? i have recently been leaving them on the home lot i have built a room for their urns with their portrait above the urns, but then there is a lot of ghosts around the home now lol so my sims lot is very haunted. yea so i was just curious as to what other simmers do when it comes to sims getting married and sims dying.

neff xx

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:33:09 pm »

When I had BV installed, I do the wedding and then vacation (honeymoon).

I don't do funerals, just never appealed to me.

On a side note, my 200th post lol Smiley
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:37 pm »

The weddings I do are pretty much simple I just invite what's "allowed" when you're inviting people to the party. Then maybe a couple more I just invite over the regular way in case the ones I officially invited don't show for whatever reason. I really want to try like a big wedding with alot more sims just for fun. I loved how I had held a wedding one "sim morning" and the paperboy came over and joined the fun. lol
Funerals well believe it or not I have yet to let or make any of the sims I've made die. There were the "accidents" with the cowplant and visiting sims....but as my lawyers will assure you those were accidents.... I did keep the urns and wanted to do like a little cemetary setup but never got around to it. What you've done sounds interesting however. I'm now wondering if you could set up something like that on a community lot in case you dont want all those ghost sims wondering about your lot all the time.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work -Thomas Edison
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:01:58 am »

Lol, Stinkerbella Smiley

Not a single sim? I'm shocked, haha. Whenever I used to play for just fun, I'd speed up the aging the best I could Wink
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:48:16 am »

I get so attached to them LOL! I don't even let them get to elder. I know....its sad.  Cheesy

Zooey
aka The Creeper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 02:53:59 am »

Wow, I thought you died long ago, Nefertiti.  Grin

I usually send them on holiday to get them married. Well, actually, at the sea-side, because I'm not really impressed with the mountains and Far East.

And how the hell do you do a funeral?

Please? *makes puppy face*
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 07:01:52 am »

There is a mod available that enables a funeral to be held. It's only really useful if you have OFB.

The podium to hold it is here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=237727
The creator has not updated or even checked into MTS for quite some time, so it's "download at your own risk".
The rest of the project has gone into the abyss, unfortunately.

nefertiti781

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 07:49:18 am »

lol Zooey  Grin

im thinking now im going to build a community cemetery to send my dead sims to. i was playing this morning and they where all wandering about and being annoying lol.

Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 11:20:53 am »

I get so attached to them LOL! I don't even let them get to elder. I know....its sad.  Cheesy

I'm with you there. When I was first playing TS2 one of my favorite simmies got elderly and I was so upset. Pescado suggested I get this. Most of the time I just use 'aging off' cheat now but Holy Grail still comes in handy.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:01:05 pm by Nonni » Logged

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 02:44:17 pm »

YAY Thanks Stinkerbella, Nonni...I feel more sim-normal now. I've had only two sims die since I've been playing and I was upset each time;).  I just can't bear to let them go.

In my SLS game Riley and Mickey spent a little too much time in the hot tub...Mickey got out and dropped dead shocked but she plead for his life, so Mickey lived in the end. Of course Grim decided on his own to move in with them (for an undeclared amount of time) which surprised me, but that's another story. Then there was Vince & Naomi...but you have to let her die & plead for her (or not). Naomi lived too. They were all frozen in time when I saved them and moved on to TS2.

Then Mortimer died suddenly (and I found out about the special gravestone).  Nina didn't get the chance to plead for his life or anything so sadly I let him go.  I've never actually "done away" with any sims in game, I just can't bring myself to lose any of them. When my comp crashed I lost my old TS2 hoods so my old Nina and Don are gone.

My latest hood is about a year old but I keep everyone (except the babes) at the age they started with mostly.  Ok, I hear Jenna laughing at me now.

Sims by Dasi:

Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 08:34:47 pm »

I'm gonna have to try that Holy Grail mod.
LoL@In my SLS game Riley and Mickey spent a little too much time in the hot tub...Mickey got out and dropped dead.
I can see the headlines now: DEATH BY HOT TUB!
I did let a few sims reach elder when I first started playing The Sims 2. Of course that was when I discovered this site and the insimenator mod and could reverse that.  Grin I also used the rejuvenator *that's the name right? of the green stuff they drink?* There was one family I made that I threw a fit over when I lost them because of my computer crashing. I managed to remake them somewhat the same but I lost interest since I knew they were the "knockoffs" of that family. I also once had a male sim I made he lived alone since I wanted to "find" him his mate. Had him watch the clouds and all of a sudden a satellite landed on him. LOL! I had just moved him in to that house and fixed it up so since I dont usually save right away I had to restart it all over again.

DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 09:54:24 pm »

I'm gonna have to try that Holy Grail mod.
LoL@In my SLS game Riley and Mickey spent a little too much time in the hot tub...Mickey got out and dropped dead.
I can see the headlines now: DEATH BY HOT TUB!

Even worse was it happened at the end of a romantic evening out...that'll put a damper on any evening Wink.

Sims by Dasi:

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 10:16:26 pm »

In my game, Don woohooed with the gardener girl until he dropped dead.  How's this for a headline:

DEATH BY WOOHOO!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 11:28:15 pm »

Haha, what a way to go ROFLMAO!!!
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 12:00:13 am »

LOL@death by woohoo Poor hot tub sim. Well at least he died with hopefully a smile on his face.  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: