Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:00:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously in need of ties!  (Read 5624 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
shinketsu_karasu

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:55:22 am »

Hello everyone!  Hug2

I've recently discovered a serious need for ties. To be more specific, ties that can be found in the accessories section, not ties that are built in to outfits already. If there aren't any pre-existing ties, I was thinking it over and was wondering if they would be that horribly hard to make?
I have a growing group of sim mobsters, and they demand lots of ties!
Also, I am new to insmenator, but not to the Sims, I've been playing the Sims 2 for a few years, and the original Sims game, gosh I think it's been at least 10 years?  shocked
Also, thank you all so much for the neatly organized forum and finding missing stuff and generally just being a lifesaver to all of the players and fans out here.  Cheesy
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:12:05 am »

Not the hardest mesh, I guess - but then again, how would you want it to work? It would not look good with all kinds of outfits - and would probably look best on skintight clothing or an outfit specially made to use with the ties. Making an accessory is easy. Making it work the way you want it to is much harder.

I don't think there are many accessory ties to be found. Wish I knew of any, but I went looking myself not long ago, and found nothing.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
shinketsu_karasu

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 05:14:42 pm »

Well I was thinking about how it would sit on both male and female bodies as well. To be honest if a male tie that would sit flat and look normal on a male chest were applied to a female body, I imagine it would either disappear under the breasts or poke out at some bizarre angle.
I have no experience with mesh making, but I love to recolor and make my own textures. So if the mesh is simple enough to make, maybe I could find someone here willing to attempt it? I think that many more people aside from myself and you would find the ties to be useful as well Cheesy
In other news, Happy Thanksgiving!  tongue
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:22:38 pm »

I know it's possible to adapt different meshes to female/male and all ages in the same mesh package, since I usually do that with all the accessories I make. The mesh is already made, and usually it only needs some size and placement adjustments and such, so why not?

However, I've got far too much on my to-do-list at the moment (things I need more urgently than ties), but maybe someone else could do it.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
shinketsu_karasu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 04:07:29 am »

Alright, well would you know of anyone who is good at making oddball accessories that might have some free time? My guess is that due to the holidays coming up, most people are going to be quite busy with real life activities. I guess what I'm saying is that because I anticipate that I won't be the only one using these, they should be a quality item and not some half-assed job. So whoever you could recommend I would more than likely wait until after the holidays to ask.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 10:09:27 am »

Don't know of anyone at the moment, but it could be that someone else posts.

I could move this topic to the request section if you want.

My site:

shinketsu_karasu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 03:59:51 am »

Actually if you would be willing to move it to requests that would be great! Thank you so much  Grin
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 04:21:18 am »

Done. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
shinketsu_karasu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:26:40 am »

Thank you so much! I hope somebody is interested! I suppose I shall just wait patiently for now... Smiley
wongfoo2003

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 10:56:53 am »

If you're still looking for a male tie, there was a tie at modthesims once. Search for q3tbo or bunny.

:? :? :? :color: :? :? :?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: