Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:04:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Can somone help please  (Read 7568 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2010, 06:03:14 pm »

Im having problem,s with my Sims 2.I started the game up,Then i go into a family home lot.After half an hour into game.My screen turns blue with an hour glass going around.i have got rid of most of my downlods i have.
I have Base game up to Mansions and Gardens.I havent got Freetime.I had over 21,000 downloads.Now down to 18,000.I have tryed The sims 2 cleanup but i dont no how to use it.Can somone please help.Thanks

I forgot the blue screen last for about 2minuters.Then repeats after my sim moves.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 06:33:18 pm »

Can you please let us know your system specs? That will help in possibly diagnosing your problem.

Without knowing what you're running on your computer, I can only suggest a couple things. First, moving your entire Downloads folder out of the game. Just taking out a few won't eliminate your cc as a source of the problem. If you still get the blue screen, the problem is likely linked to hardware. It could be a simple matter of updating your drivers.

As I said before, without knowing your specs, we really can't suggest more.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 06:49:26 pm »

Hmm, I used to have the same problem. I'm sorry to say the only way I was able to fix it was by completely removing the game because on my old laptop, I didn't have enough memory to run all of the EPs I own (which is every EP and one SP).
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 08:56:51 pm »

I use a desktop pc.Not laptop.

Nvidia Graphic,s(GeForce FX 5500)Version.6.14.11.7
Windows XP (Professional.Version 2002)
1227Mb,1G RAM
I have my Graphics on high in The sims 2.Have i missed anything out or is that ok
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:06:17 pm »

I think that's good. Desktop, Windows XP, right? The sims take up a lot of memory and when running the graphics on high when using a slightly older computer, you can run into tons of problems.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 09:23:45 pm »

I use a desktop pc.Not laptop.

Nvidia Graphic,s(GeForce FX 5500)Version.6.14.11.7
Windows XP (Professional.Version 2002)
1227Mb,1G RAM
I have my Graphics on high in The sims 2.Have i missed anything out or is that ok
You missed your processor speed. Your graphics card, seeing as it's only 256MB, looks a bit weak. Could be that the graphics card is cacking itself and causing the crash. Try saving often to lessen the load and turning down your graphics settings. In the past I've played TS2 with all EPs and SPs without crashing on a desktop with a single core 3GHz processor, 1GB RAM and a 512MB dedicated graphics card with quite a bit of Maxis Match low poly CC. So either it's a failure of your system to run the game (since we don't know your processor speed we can't say but your graphics and RAM are not exactly high spec), possibly your graphics card overheating or otherwise failing because it's not that strong and TS2 is very graphics hungry, or even if your system can run the game in it's current EP/SP configuration, you could be throwing a lot of high poly CC at it thus causing it to fail.

Updating your drivers might help, as Joy said. And turning down your graphics settings. A 256MB card is not really enough to run the game with a whole lot of CC in it on high settings.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 09:35:08 pm »

I just moved from high Graphics to medium Graphics in the sims2 and changed my settings to user on my monitor which was at 6500k.Should that help.Or would i have to buy a new one
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 12:43:20 am »

As well as your processor speed, how much disk space do you have remaining on your hard drive?

Also, if you have a lot of high poly count items, that could be an issue. The system specs EA gives us is only a basic guideline. What they say will work is assuming you have absolutely no custom content whatsoever. The more you add to your game, the harder it will be on your system.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 04:07:32 am »

Uh, If i remember correct Chez is playing more then 3 years sims 2 and all of a sudden her comp is outdated?
If you had no problems for 3 years its not your computer specifications but most likly a damaged file.

The sims 3 directory:
Backup your cache and registry files in the sims 2 folder, then delete then
Remove your downloads/clean your savedsimsfolder
Then boot the game and check.
Even better is to create a new useraccount and start the game from there, you will have clean sims 2 folder then.
If it runs fine on that account, its one of your sims 2 files, if the problem is still there its one of your system files

Your comp:
check harddisk space
Clean up your harddisk(TMP folders/internet etc etc)
Check your registry for errors
Defrag your harddisk, do a system/file check
Reinstall direct X
Reinstall video drivers(check if windows update didn't install a newer version, could easily be the cause.)

No longer active
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 07:27:50 am »

Chez may also have added more files, and one of them might have been bad, or she's simply added one file too many (but that should have gone away when she removed 3000 files).  That's how my game used to act when I just had too much custom content.

Chez, do you have any idea what you added most recently?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 08:05:17 am »

I added poseboxes about 4 .Thats when everything went wrong.Bedroom sets.Living room sets.I deleted those.Inormaly aswell go to the desktop when im in sims to watch Holy Soaps online.Also when somtimes i go back in to sims from desktop.My screenalso turns in to an old version of windows 2002.It like a patten of green with white in between.Then i have to restart my pc,Cause i cant do anything.Not only that my windows pages keep going black on the tool bars
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 10:20:09 am »

Try removing the new poseboxes.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 10:24:07 am »

Done that.Also most of my downloads files
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 10:57:50 am »

Do you have any antivirus programmes? Because it almost sounds like you've gotten yourself a bug or two on your computer. Either that, or your graphics card is saying good-bye or needs updated drivers.

And could you please do a little spell check on your posts? They're making my eyes go crosswise... Spaces between punctuation and the next word would do wonders.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:04:09 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
CHEZPMRRICKS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 11:13:25 am »

Sorry,but im having problems with my keybroad sticky space bar.I did have problems not long ago with the pc.I had a virus,So i had to restore my pc.Then download a virus checker.Cause the one i had the days ran out.My monitor screen still keeps blinking green colours on me even through i have changed the settings
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: