Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 07:32:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Sim Selector  (Read 3435 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Campingstove

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:09:05 pm »

I am hoping someone can make (or maybe know of something that already exists?) a Random Sim Selector.  

In my head, I am thinking of something like TwoJeffs "Find a Date Crystal Ball" - but instead of giving you 5 options, it gives only one.  And instead of being based on chemistry, it is completely random.  I also like all the choices on the crystal ball - you can choose male or female or both, any age (I think baby and toddler would need to be added), and whether you want to include townies, NPCs, or playables in the selection process.

I think something like this would come in handy in many game scenarios.  The one I am currently trying to deal with is choosing a vampire slayer, and who my main vampire is going to kill, transform, and drink blood from.  I just hope it is not impossible or difficult to do....

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

Nightlife, Uni, OFB, Seasons
Ikea, H&M, Glamour, FFS, Teen Style, Kitchen & Bath
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:30:38 am »

If you want a playable sim, enabled the testing cheats, then spawn the Tombstone of Life and Death.  Options are there for creating a random sim.  For non-playable sims spawn the NPC/Townie gun.  Sorry, I don't remember the exact name and I don't have the game on my computer anymore.
Campingstove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 04:24:25 pm »

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear in describing what I'm looking for.

I am not trying to create a new sim - I am looking for a device to randomly select from the sims currently in the game.
For example, I would like a device I can use to randomly select one of my playable female teens to be the slayer.  And then I'd like to use the device to randomly select one of the townies for my head vampire to kill.  And then I'd like to use the device to select one of my playable children for my vamp to turn into a vampire...etc. 

Hope that makes sense.
And thanks for the reply! 
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:48:09 pm »

Babies, toddlers and children can't be or be turned into vampires unless you've got some special mod for it (which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist for toddler and baby, at least - not too sure about children). But I guess you already knew that, or?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Campingstove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:28:40 pm »

Yeah, sorry - that was a stupid example to use. 
I've been looking for hacks to transform and/or kill children and younger via vampires...I guess I have it on the brain.  I'm not really super violent or anything, it's just that I like my vampires evil...otherwise what's the point?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: