Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:59:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satyr Ears for Female  (Read 5812 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rosebud1773

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2010, 09:26:26 am »

Is there any chance I could get Marvine's gorgeous Satyr ears converted to female all ages, base game compatable? The other elf-type ears out there just aren't what I'm looking for (too big) and the standard game elf ear is well....yuck. I have Base + Uni + NL.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,10852.0.html

Please and thank you to anyone who takes this.

The sims are like ants and I'm the mean little kid with the magnifying glass...muahahaha!
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 03:13:34 pm »

This is done pretty easily in SimPE on the file of your recolor from your SavedSims bin.  You don't have to mess with the mesh at all.  You just have to change the gender in the Mesh Overlay XML like this:   gender (dtUInteger) from 0x00000002 to 0x00000001 which is for females

See:

As you can see by the small gap at the lobe, it doesn't provide a perfect fit like the male version, but I would think it would be close enough, right?  Matching one specifically to the skintone desired would make it barely noticeable.

Or, you can just download this one I did as a test to see if my theory would work, and just recolor this one so you won't have to mess with SimPE at all.

~ Syn

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:23:53 pm »

Or change it to 0x00000003 (in the old recolor packages), so you don't need to make new recolors. 3=unisex, 2=male, 1=female.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SynapticSim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:25:19 pm »

True Dat!  I always forget about Unisex.

Join SynapticSim's Lair Today!
Downloads!  Discussions!  Stories!  Art!  Check it out!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:31:39 pm »

Saves a lot of work, that one.

Won't work for all accessories, as female and male bodyshapes are different in several areas, but it always works for children and toddlers.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Rosebud1773

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 01:04:47 pm »

Grin I think I'll snitch the test ear since I know next to nothing about SimPE...yet. Thank you so much, Syn, love your stuff.

The sims are like ants and I'm the mean little kid with the magnifying glass...muahahaha!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:38:27 pm »

This is actually a good project to start learning SimPE.  Just make a backup copy of your file before working on it!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: