Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:27:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where does mods and Packages go? Contradicting information.  (Read 3231 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:20:35 am »

Could someone please once and for all clear this for me. Exactly where does mods and package files go? Into into Sims 3 file in "My documents" or into Sims 3 file in "program files"? I've looked several different quide pages at the net and one says this way and the other says that way. Even in forum threads players are advising against each other. Maybe I'm just being incredibly stupid. Grin 

I have Mods file in "My documents -> EA -> Sims 3" and everything seems to be working just fine. Downloads show up in the game and mods work without a problem. Still, after installing Delphy's Monkey helper, I noticed that now I have another (empty) mods folder in the Sims 3 file at the Programs file. Oh, and I have all the EP's. Do I have to move everything now? huh

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 03:17:39 pm »

It depends if you have patched your game.
you can read all about here:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files

No longer active
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:24:48 pm »

Okay, so I have everything where they supposed to be. Great. And thank you. Now I know that I can just ignore the mods folder in Program Files and all the other advice there seems to flying around. Hmm, or should I delete that extra mods folder? Can it affect the game negatively or will deleting it have the same effect?

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 04:01:59 pm »

i have deleted it Smiley

No longer active
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 09:08:59 am »

Thank you for your help. Fanku

Pages: [1]
  Print