Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:03:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on converting teen to adult mesh?  (Read 5587 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
IronBeard

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:36:03 pm »

I recently requested information about an adult female full body mesh which it turns out doesn't exist except as a teen mesh.
In short, I would like to know how easy or difficult it would be to make the conversion from teen to adult.

I've never worked with meshes at all and, apart from this possible project have no wish to nor satisfactory resources.

I'm okay up to a point with SimPE, but I've never used MilkShape (which I assume I would need).
To confound matters further, I'm on a Mac, so any time I need to use SimPE I have to ferry files back and forth between my wife's Windows PC, plus I'll need her permission and assistance to install another application that she herself never uses.

Given the above impediments, do you think it's a feasible task to set myself and, if so, can anyone suggest a very simple tute that deals specifically with such a conversion? Feel free to tell me to forget about it; after all, my copy of Black Ops should arrive this weekend, so it's not as if I'm desperate for something constructive to do.

FYI, the mesh I want to convert is the Warlokk/Bloom MillaJ teen full body default size with toes (the only adult full body has block feet).

Thanks
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 05:14:18 pm »

This is a great starter project Wink
And you do not need to convert the teen to adult, you can use the adult nude top and my default replacement.

You can open both meshpackages with Simpe, right click the gmdc and save it in a folder.
Those 2 meshes(gmdc) you can open in Milkshape

-import the bottom first
-import the top(do NOT import additional bones!! (Do import the morph's if you want one)
-Go to the groups tab and select both the top and bottom, then regroup them together
-Rename it to body
-Go to the comment box and delete the lines(i think the last 5) of the top and change the name ''bottom'' into ''body'' in the 1st line
-Hide the new fullbodymesh
-Copy the morphname of the bottom
-Select both the bottom fatmorph and the top fatmorph, then regroup them together
-Rename it back to the correct morphname(right click and past)

Do the same for the pregnant morph

export your file.

This is quickly explained, prolly forgetting things but there are tons of tutorials that do it step by step.

hmmm, reading your post in the request section there is a easier way...
Ill save you the trouble of making a package and using Milkshape

*Open the meshpackage from the milla fullbody with blockfeet with Simpe
*Right click the gmdc, choose replace
*browse to the afbodynakedHI-34ax34_MillaJ and import it(downloadlink below)
*click commit
*Save

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:56:11 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:23 pm »

Ah, that's how it's done, combine the top and bottom! Your explanation is very clear, Bloom - I think even I might manage that when I have some time.

hmmm, reading your post in the request section there is a easier way...
Ill save you the trouble of making a package and using Milkshape

*Open the meshpackage from the milla fullbody with blockfeet with Simpe
*Right click the gmdc, choose replace
*browse to the afbodynakedHI-34ax34_MillaJ and import it(downloadlink below)
*click commit
*Save
http://www.2shared.com/file/Srvv3aLn/afbodynakedHI-34ax34_MillaJ.html
Well, I guess this file should replace the block feet with sexy ones, but unfortunately poor Milla's legs are now invisible below the knee. I've followed your instructions (in fact I've done it three times now in case I had made a mistake) but every time the effect is the same: legless Milla. Is there something else I need to do to get it to work?
Anyway, thank you very much Bloom for taking an interest in all of this, I really appreciate your efforts
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 09:54:54 pm »

Oops, my mistake.....
forgot to rename the feet meshgroup....

http://www.2shared.com/file/qHpKtVO0/afbodynakedHI-34ax34_MillaJ.html

No longer active
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 11:40:34 pm »

Beautiful! Thank you so much, Bloom. I think maybe this should be uploaded at ISA as an alternative Milla J nude, I'm sure there must be some who'd appreciate seeing your feet on Milla's body (ooer!).

I was interested to see something of the files that make up a mesh like this; can I ask you, does the GMDC typically contain the lower leg/feet? And what is the purpose of the other files: GMND/CRES/SHPE? I presume one contains the hips and another the top.

Sorry to be a bother, just curious is all.

Thanks again for your help on this.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 12:14:33 am »

The gmdc contains the 3d shape(all the meshparts)
The gmnd contains links to various basegame textures that were used on the original outfit.
The cres file contains the skeleton offset
The shape file links the meshes to the TXMT's(the material settings) wich you find in the outfit file itself
All files are linked to eachother and to the outfit file.

Feel free to upload Warlokk's meshpackage(not my file) at ISA just mention its a update on one of Warlokk's meshes and give him credit(and me if you like lol)

No longer active
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 02:50:19 am »

Ah, I see. I've been trying to understand more about how files are linked recently as I've been re-assigning some of the Warlokk skin tones that I never use to body shapes that I use all the time, mainly to give me more choice of body shapes I like in Christianlove's custom skin tone changer. For example, I never use top sizes above 34C so all the skins for D and DD sizes are now 34Cnat in my game.
Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I actually played the Sims 2, all I ever seem to do is tinker with its bits and pieces...

I will see about uploading this alternative Milla nude in the week, but I think I should include a set of textures as well in the various categories. Of course, you (and your sexy toes) will get credit for making this possible!

I have one other question if you don't mind. I've kept a copy of Warlokk's original block feet Milla J nude on my hard drive. I wonder, is it possible in SimPE to clone it as a stand alone item and link a texture to it, so as to have both sexy feet and block feet versions available?

Thanks again
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:59 am »

yes, its possible

But i would do it the other way arround if i were you.
First redownload the original Warlokk Mila meshpackage with blockfeet and overwrite the one we updated.(so all is as it was)

-Open that mesh in Simpe
-Go to Tools/object tools/Fix intigrity
-At the popup screen you make a minor change to the filename, then update it
-Load my Milla sexyfeet file in the gmdc
-Save the file as a new Mesh package
The mesh is now no longer linked to the outfit(s)
-Close Simpe

Clone a outfit with bodyshop that has the correct textures you want on the new mesh.

-Open that outfit in Simpe
-Click the 3D ID reference in the resource list(it will take a while to load, wait till you see all the links in the 3D reference file editor(in plugin view)
-click Tools/PJSE/Bodymesh tool/linking stage
-click OK
-Browse to the new meshpackage
-click OK
-Save your file

Done

No longer active
IronBeard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 09:39:13 pm »

I agree, it probably makes much more sense to keep the original as it is, especially as I've only made a couple of outfits for it but have several for the original.

Anyway, the cloning process seems straightforward enough thanks to your very clear instructions, so thank you again for all your help with this mini-project.

Edit: Well, I thought I had done something horribly wrong when my sexy feet textures appeared on the old mesh instead of the new one. However, I decided to try re-linking with the Color Binning tool instead and that worked fine. Obviously something went awry at the PJSE stage.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:04:36 pm by IronBeard » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: