Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 02:08:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF glasses?  (Read 3782 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2010, 12:49:07 pm »

I'm looking for these glasses, or something similar (thin but whole frames, rectangular, NOT maxis recolors, preferrably with nosepads like in the picture). I need them for adult female, but any extra ages or both gender versions would make me even happier.

I've googled, looked at MTS, and everywhere else I could come up with. The picture is of a downloadable sim, but only the recolor followed, and there is no link to the mesh.

Thanks for any help Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »

Hmm, those are cool glasses. I admit I'd probably do a little mini squeal of delight if I could snag them for my game. Did you ask jesstheex? She would probably know.

Edit: I don't know if this helps, but I downloaded the sim so I could take a peek at the CI list and this is what it shows for the glasses: ser - graphic artist specs - gunmetal

Edit again: further investigation reveals the glasses are by simenroute. Will be back soon (I hope) with an actual link.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:33:28 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 01:29:01 pm »

Sent her a PM at GoS. Hopefully she knows...

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 01:33:39 pm »

I found where they were, I just don't know where they are. They're were on Sim~Antics, but when DLMulsow moved the site to freeforums, most of the uploaded attachments were lost in the move, and, in some cases, entire first pages of threads where chewed up swallowed by the internet. My search led me to this thread (registration and log in is needed to see anything on this site), which led me to seek out this thread, only to discover the missing first page, where the download (might) have been.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 04:35:08 pm »

The mesh for the glasses is Prida-eyeglasses02-noflash-MESH
which is a fixed (for the blue flashing issue) version of this mesh
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=253246

I have that set (ser-graphic artist specs, with the fixed mesh included)and I can upload it to mediafire, if you'd like.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 04:49:14 pm »

I got the simantics set sent from EKozski. Not sure if that's the fixed mesh, though.

The Prida glasses are slightly bigger and more square than what I had in mind, but the Ser-Simantics glasses were almost perfect, even if they aren't quite rectangular.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:54:33 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 05:19:06 pm »

Eh?  I wasn't suggesting that you use the prida eyeglasses- that's the mesh that simenroute used to make his glasses.
I'm not trying to be bitchy or sarcastic, I'm just trying to make sure we're on the same page.
As far as I know it's not a true 3-D mesh, it's a generic flat mesh that can be alpha edited.  I uploaded
that set with another set included (simenroute's intern glasses)- meshes are in each respective .rar
(one has the regular prida mesh, the other has the edited mesh)
http://www.mediafire.com/?wx04vzscw19xn4f

I think I have one or two other eyeglasses that make use of this mesh as well, that fit your criteria.  I'll try
to locate them.

*EDIT*
There are some here
http://www.meilow.de/selzisims/downloads/brillen-glasses/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:30:28 pm by megativity13 » Logged

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 05:33:14 pm »

I didn't know that. Looks like it's the same mesh, yes. Thanks for uploading, and thanks for the link Smiley

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: