Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:26:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Hair of a Sim, How can i still add another hairstyle to it.  (Read 1522 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
elessarelendil

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2010, 08:28:24 pm »

Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible, that whenever we are missing the recolor file, or mesh, The Sim doesnt have hair like its totaly invisible in bodyshop.

Now What i would like to do, its to just be able to use the same sim face and be able to select other hairstyles.

Im sure there is a code to change for the sim Package file!
I just dont know exactly what to change... Hmm maybe the ID reference thing? :/ 
( Or like maybe i can reference the sim to be wearing a maxis hairstyle?)

Well You surely know more than me! >.< Lol so yeah please if you could explain me how to do that I would be so greatful! Thanks!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:37:53 pm »

I hate when this happens too.  I've only gotten it to work once, and that took a lot of fiddling so I'm not 100% sure which step(s) did the job.

I'm thinking clone the hairless, hollow-headed Sim and save right away.  I think the fresh clone will have some Maxis hairstyle so you can then clone this Sim and give her different hair.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »

Cloning didn't work for me when I had that problem.

You could try to pack the sim, install with Clean installer, and unhook the hair recolor if it follows. The sim should then come with a maxis hair.

Haven't tried myself, but could be worth a try.

Why exactly is the hair mesh/recolor missing?
I fixed one of my sims by putting back in the big hair pack I'd had in before (I work in Bodyshop with only the most neccessary CC). If it's a downloaded sim, and you know where to find it, you could look to see if you'll have to download the mesh for the hair to work. If it's one of your own sims, you most likely have the hair somewhere in your own downloads.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: