Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:04:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Floor and Ground turning black.  (Read 2689 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lillypopbop

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2010, 10:39:33 pm »

This has been happening for a while now, at first I thought it was happening randomly but now it seems the floor (all floor tiles) and the ground turn completely black every time a sim on the lot changes into something else (so basically when they spin around). Oh, and I don't know if this is connected or not but sometimes my game will crash suddenly, and when I say suddenly I mean SUDDENLY. It doesn't slow down, things don't start glitching at an unhealthy speed, the sounds don't go into repeat, it will be doing just fine then BAM it's gone and I'm staring at my background. Anyone else experience this? Or better yet, know how to fix it?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »

Can you please tell us what your computer specs are? (RAM, processor speed, graphic card, how much hard drive space you have remaining) Also, are your drivers up to date?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lillypopbop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 11:35:12 pm »

I'm not quite sure how to find that info '-.-But I have a Windows 7 laptop, and all that's been downloaded is The Sims 2, Seasons, Nightlife. The Sims 3, and Steam. So I have a lot of memory left, plus a very good graphics card considering most of my specs in game are on high and I don't experience any lag.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 06:17:10 am »

"Windows 7 laptop" doesn't tell us much.

I'm not sure if it's the same for Win 7 and Vista, but I suspect it's mostly the same. To find (most of) your computer specs, go to "control panel", and click on the "system and maintenance" and move on to "system - view amount of RAM and processor speed".

Memory (RAM) and hardrive isn't the same, but people seem to confuse them a lot. Harddrive is how much space you have to store files. Comes in anything between 200 GB and up to several Terrabytes. Memory/RAM is... harder to explain, so I'll let eHow do that for me, here. Usually comes in 512 mb to around 4-8 GB, depending on how new it is and what the computer is built to do. A gamer PC (usually over 4 GB, often dedicated graphic memory in addition) needs more memory than a regular school PC (rarely more than 2-4 GB).

A regular laptop for school use is usually not built to deal with games like Sims 2 or sims 3. My own laptop can barely even run Sims 2 CC-free any longer. I run it very hard while it still worked (everything up to FT, loads of CC), so I'm not surprised it's refusing to run it properly any longer.

I've got 4 GB memory on my PC, built for games and 3D design (and I wish I had more, because it's barely enough sometimes). I know Vista needs about 1 GB memory to run properly, which leaves me with 3 GB to do other things. Sims 2 gets a hiccup, and crashes if it used more than 2 GB. With a fix I did, it now does it when over 3 GB. That leaves very little, if anything at all, to other tasks.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:40:05 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 10:37:11 am »

Install Game booster and run it before you start the game.
Its also wise to disconnect from the internet and shut down your antivirus/firewall at that point.

If textures become black its usually caused by your processor(weak)
I have it when entering the neigborhood the first time, after few seconds they then come back.

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: