Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:50:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: request: converting and editing a hair item to become a glasses item  (Read 8546 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

I'll do whatever you say...just don't take my CC

View Profile WWW
« on: December 24, 2010, 09:55:03 am »

I was cruising around in TS2's Body Shop, looking at my hair pieces, and I got to my 3 Link hair items and was studying them, and wondering "Is it possible to take out one item from the three?". So that got me thinking...what if I can somehow make it so that the hair isn't part of the set and just have the ears and hat as glasses? The possibilities would be limitless for what the hat and ears could go with.

So here's my proposal...since I have no knowledge on how to edit/create meshes and I'm sure there are plenty of creators with spare time on their hands...I would like whoever can to create a new glasses item out of the recolors of RoddyAlexio's "Link Hair" he created. Again, just making it so that the hair is no longer a part of the item and converting it into a glasses set.

If this can be done, I would be extremely grateful.
Link for my recolors are here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,111535.msg1607603.html#msg1607603

A million cookies and hugs to whoever can do this ^_^
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 11:54:31 am by HylianWolf » Logged

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

842 total downloads as of 3/19/12 @ 1:48 PM PST
Thanks for those that like my creations ^_^
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 01:46:13 pm »

You want this for yourself?

You can open the meshfile with Simpe and in each gmdc(plugin view) you can delete wat you dont want since all parts are diffrent meshgroups.
In the geometrydatacontainer tab you see the 4 files
In the model tab you can delete the meshgroups you dont want(in your case the meshgroups with 432 and 678 facecount)
Then set the hairfile itself to accesoire with Wardrobewrangler.
This is a edit on the original files and you cant share them tho.

If you want to have this as a standalone file and want to share it you need permission first.
You then need to fix the integrity on the meshfile(object tools) and save it as a new meshfile
Delete the hairfiles in the gmdc's
then clone the original hair with bodyshop and link your new mesh to that file
Then set it as accesoire with wardrobewrangler.

I personal think its not such a good idea to set it as accesoire, other hairs will poke throug the hat.
It will only fit a few other hairstyles.

No longer active
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 06:24:33 pm »

I don't have SimPE, so I'd rather have someone else do it. Also, I'm not home right now, i'm out with family (posting from my iPod) As for when it's complete, i'd like to have it uploaded for everyone. Thanks and happy holidays ^_^

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:41:15 pm »

then you need permission first before some one can start on it.

No longer active
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 11:07:00 pm »

It's posted on Roddy's page that people are free to edit his stuff as long as proper credit is acknowledged and a link to the original download is posted in the modification. Go ahead and check on that if you want.

Upcoming Projects:
None

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 08:40:09 am »

Thats cool, i hope you find someone who is willing to mod it for you.

No longer active
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 08:24:28 pm »

Thanks, that's what this thread is for. God forbid if MTS ever let's members post requests on their forums...*rolls eyes*

Upcoming Projects:
None

HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 11:50:51 am »

isn't anyone willing to help me with this? now that Christmas is over, I'm sure someone can find spare time to help me out Sad

Upcoming Projects:
None

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 02:56:41 pm »

I do believe I have spoken to you about bumping your posts. Please don't. Patience, please, as well. You only asked for this three days ago. It takes time to make content and it's always good to remember people take requests on a volunteer basis, not because they are obligated to. Yes, Christmas is over, but it's the only day after Christmas, after all, and many people are still visiting with family and/or recovering. It's still a busy time of year for people, since New Year's is very soon. 

If you really need/want it so urgently, then perhaps it would be a good idea for you to follow BlooM's instructions and do it yourself. SimPE is easy to find via Google and, unless you have a Mac, you shouldn't have any problems installing it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 05:45:57 pm »

yeah, sorry I am a little impatient. i'm downloading a giant counter-strike source update and couldn't possible get to anything else until I'm done. I just might do it myself if I find SimPE

Upcoming Projects:
None

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 08:52:42 pm »

There is no if. I found it in 0.31 seconds in Google and know damn well that you could have, as well. Want it bad enough? Here! I don't normally spoon feed stuff to people that are perfectly able to do it themselves, but for some reason your reply to Joy pis*ed me off enough that I went and got the friggin link FOR you. Have fun. They have answers over there in case you need to know stuff about it.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 01:15:32 pm »

whoa, calm down. whatever you think I said, I didn't mean it like that. I was simply saying that I'll get around to finding SimPE when I'm finished using crappy dialup to download a huge file that's taken nearly a week to complete. I figured finding it was easy, but on my Internet, I can't do things instantly.

Upcoming Projects:
None

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 02:54:45 pm »

Sorry bout last night, I was in a lot of pain and feeling snippy. But, with that link, now you don't have to hunt! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 02:55:57 pm »

yeah, when my home Internet decides to work >_<

Upcoming Projects:
None

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: