Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:18:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: College and BoolPropped Objects? *RESOLVED!*  (Read 3899 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:33:37 pm »

Hi.
I actually have a couple of questions about Sims 2 gameplay. I've been playing The Sims games since 2002, but I've never figured out how to get parents to take their children to college. I've seen screenshots, and I've always wanted to do it myself, but my teens always leave for college via phone or computer.  Embarrassed
My second question is, is it bad to keep boolpropped items such as Tom's Clothing Tester on the lot? I use it quite a bit for maternity outfits...

Thanks for any help! Smiley

~Hammie Smiley
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:41:26 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:05:52 pm »

You've probably turned off the videos showing it (cinematics/special events camera) - the same videos showing the babies being born, first kiss, weddings,  and so on. If turned off, the students will just show up on the lot without parents following them.

Can't remember if C-button pics will work, but most screencap programs will capture these events. Whether or not  videos shows up any good depends on your computer. I had serious troubles with the videos on my laptop, especially when I tried filming it. Only captured a few seconds here, a few there, and came out horrible...

Boolpropped objects... I rarely use them myself, but I don't think they actually create any troubles unless you click something you're not supposed to click. Still, better safe than sorry...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:10:04 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 08:46:39 pm »

You need to turn on the special event camera to see the cut scene of teen sim's parents taking them to college. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:25:10 am »

You also need to move your Sim into an empty dorm.  If other Sims already live there, you don't get the cinematic.

I've heard Tom's Clothing Tester can mess up your Sim's career, but that doesn't matter with Uni students.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:39:41 pm »

Thanks, everyone!  cool
I've learned that, by personal experience, keeping Tom's Clothing Tester on the lot can cause snap reset glitches with teens and children going to school. Thanks for all the help everyone, and I hope my discovery helps you in some way.

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: