Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:36:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game crashing  (Read 3170 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pallycoo

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:01:25 pm »

not sure what happened but I downloaded some hair/outfits/furniture from rose sims and now my game is crashing at the load up screen. Help?

edit** i read something about deleting(didnt actually delete just removed just in case) cache files, I did so and no change
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:15:48 pm by Pallycoo » Logged

*My EP's: NL, Pets, Seasons*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:17:18 pm »

A couple of questions:

Does it still crash if you remove the Rosesims items? Could be one of the items needs an EP you don't have, and causes trouble.
And have you tried to delete the cache files? (you find them in the "The Sims 2" folder: accessory.cache, cigen.package, groups.cache and contentregistry)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pallycoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 07:22:41 pm »

I'll try removing rose sims items and get back to you

Pallycoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 07:27:57 pm »

ha so yea....removing those downloads worked. I thought it might be that issue but I wanted that cc lol. Is there any easy way to see exactly which cc is crashing the game or do I just have to put one back at a time? because that would be such a pain  angry seeing as how I downloaded 32 things....i tend to get download happy  Grin

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:54:52 pm »

One at a time. Clothing and hairs usually don't create problems, so if you downloaded poseboxes or other hacks, try with those first.

Did you try deleting the cache files? They can sometimes go corrupted, especially when adding, moving or removing CC.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pallycoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:47:02 pm »

I didnt download any poseboxes or hacks. just clothes, hair, ear rings/necklaces, and furniture. I did remove the cache files.

Pallycoo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 09:01:33 pm »

okay well I have come to the conclusion that it is either the sofas or earrings......I have put everything else except those three items in and game still works. Thanks for the help.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 09:02:12 am »

Clothes and accessories don't usually cause crashes if they're made correct or if you've got the EPs and SPs needed. They can crash your game, though. If that's the problem, in my own experience the crashes happens when looking through the items in CAS or the buy catalog. Accessory and jewlery items made with Bon Voyage, and outerwear made with Seasons could in some cases cause EP-related troubles, especially if you don't have those EPs. In some cases the items can conflict with each other, especially if you're using default replacements and double up for one item.

Furniture could also cause EP related problems, depending on which item they're cloned from, or which mesh they are recolored from. They could also conflict with other items you have.

Going through the items one by one (or maybe half by half at first - furniture, then hairs, then clothes - to see where the trouble lies) is usually the best method to sort out bad CC.

My site:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 09:30:22 am »

Pallycoo, while I and many others appreciate the updates to what you're doing to solve the problem you're having, it would better to edit your post than replying to it, in essence, double-posting. When you do that, it looks like you're bumping your thread and trying to force a response. Just a heads up from a staffer who is in a good mood. Wink

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 03:47:53 am »

For people that are only downloaders, not modders, there's a lot that can crash a game, mainly if you don't have all the EPs and SPs. Every EP changes the formatting of the game, this is the reason you are required to save your played games before installing an EP. Hairs and accessories shouldn't crash your game but it all depends if the person that creates the accessories did a good job. Some sites place free items available just to capture an user to buy the ones they put more work on. In the case of other objects that have interactions (a sofa for example), they have to have a pie menu for interactions. Pie Menus have several instance formats (0001, 0081, 0083) and each of them have own meaning. A pie menu with format 54, separates advertising for "humans" and "animals". If you don't have pets, they crash your game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: