Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:58:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Louger Update  (Read 8997 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dec12741

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:53:16 pm »

I want to tell everyone here that Louger is totaly Blind for good,also he is a Diebetic and has to have is Curve Tested every week the count starts at 320 at the start then it goes up to 375,the highest it goes is 450
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:32 pm »

Poor Louger. Sad I'm not sure if I even want to know what happens when the count goes up to 450.

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:42:49 am »

soulofthesea sofar(knock on wood) nothing has happen,Louger's Cousin Passed away his Diebetic count way off the Charts and he coud not be saved with Louger iam going to do everything in my powers to give him his remaining year the best he ever had
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 12:57:34 pm »

Dec, one way to help control his blood sugar is to put him on an organic diet that YOU prepare yourself. There are so many sites out there for this, I've lost track of it. Many dog food companies actually DO use corn syrup/sweetener in their recipes, so getting rid of those is a great first step to keeping your beloved boy healthier and happier. It also has some fringe benefits, such as a shinier coat, more energy and disease resistance, and general peace of mind for the dog. Best wishes to your boy!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

Even if you don't want to go organic, just getting rid of the sweeteners and controlling the carbs should help his diabetes.  I'd say it's worth the effort!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:28:16 pm »

the dog food he eat is Aim Weight Control and i have to use cold cuts to give him his 1/2 pill morning and 1 pill evening he will have fits
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:21 pm »

He won't eat it in peanut butter? Yeah, it's got a bit of sweetener but it also has some decent protein with the added gain of being harder to spit out. Iams is good, but still, they're a commercial company out to make a buck and that includes putting stuff in there our fur people don't need. Heck, like miros said, you don't have to go organic, just fresh! He'd have a good many benefits from it, and so would you. Usually, when you take on that kind of diet for your pet, you start to fix fresh food yourself and stop consuming a bunch of junk food... LOL! The things we do for our fur babies, right?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 07:32:53 pm »

Things to look for when feeding your dog:

Avoid sugar. Keep in mind, carbohydrates are converted into glucose during the digestion process, so look at the carbs, too. Dry dog food and the wet dog food in the cellophane packs are the worst for sugar and carbs. If you *have* to give your dog a commercially manufactured food, the best choice is a good quality canned food. The best way to go is to make his food yourself. This way you can know exactly what he is eating and won't be caught by surprise by something a company has snuck into their product. Choose a low-fat food as well, since a high-fat diet can add stress to an already stressed out pancreas. Another good thing to remember is grains are carbohydrates. Certain grains are beneficial in helping keep insulin levels down, like rice, millet and oats. Cornmeal is good too, but some dogs have allergic reactions. In spite of the benefits, it's important to keep these to a minimum, because of the carb factor.

Adding a teaspoon of regular brewer's yeast to Louger's food will be helpful. It naturally contains a glucose-tolerance factor helpful in assisting the body to use blood sugar more efficiently. Vitamin E is good too. It reduces the body's need for insulin.

Look for high protein foods rich in soluble fibre and low in fat, carbohydrates, sodium and saccharides. Excellent alternatives are foods low on the glycemic index. This is why it is ultimately best to take control of his diet and make his food yourself. Some can be given to him raw but there are some food he'll have to eat cooked. It will take some research, but, in the end, it will be worth it and increase Louger's longevity. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 09:02:24 pm »

there is some thing else Louger is total blind he has Catertacs(sorry for the bad spelling) there is 3 option for him

option 1:have Injection into his eyes so they do not burst

option 2:take his eyes out and have fake Eyes in their place

option 3:split open his eyes and take out the stuff and put black stuff in,he would still have his own  :confused:eyes and move   
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »

Sorry to hear about louger, have you ask a vet. If it was possible to remove, the cataracts from is eyes with a surgery.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 11:09:45 pm »

Pierre he is passed that stage the cataracts can not be removed
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 05:57:31 am »

There are eye drops for high pressure in the eyes.  Not sure if you can use them on dogs, or if your dog is trusting enough to let you use them on him!  They're expensive too.

It sounds like the high pressure (glaucoma) contributed to his blindness by damaging his retinas.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 10:07:12 am »

well miros1 yes and no he has Eye Drops and he is starting to let put eye drops in his one eye the other eye no way
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 01:54:38 pm »

Sounds like they hurt him, the poor guy, they really must be sensitive. Brewers yeast is also a great protein source and it has the added side effect that fleas cannot seem to abide the taste of it, so they leave the animal alone and stop biting... I found that out with my cats some years ago, they eat it like Pixie Stix and do they ever slobber when I give it to them. Cats ain't supposed to slobber!! Cheesy

Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 02:15:14 pm »

no he is not in any pain if they go uncorrected they will burst,also Louger say hello and a great big lick to everyone
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: