Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:56:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Convert adult hair to teen  (Read 3060 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mayve
Novice Sim Home Builder

View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:55:11 pm »

I was trying to convert an adult hair to teen with bodyshop and got nowhere. Apparently it takes more than copying and pasting the adult image file over the teen ones. So how do you make an adult female hair available for teen female?

<br />
Sims 1 and 2 Downloads
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:41 pm »

You'll have to resize and move the mesh. I found a tutorial at GoS - it's for clothing, but I think it uses the same principles.

You will need a mesh to convert a hair, and you can't in any way convert things with Bodyshop unless you've got a mesh to use for the textures. Sometimes you can use similar meshes for clothing texture conversions, but that's the exception. 

You can do some conversions SimPE, but the only always successful conversions are between same gender Adult/YA/Elder, plus M2F/F2M kid and toddler. Sometimes it works between the genders for teen and adult too, like accessories held in a hand or a big costume. Adult meshes can't successfully be converted for teens in any cases with SimPE unless you make a new mesh.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:58:59 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:51:09 pm »

Well, you can, but the result is usually not pretty.  The body looks chunky and if it's separate top or bottom, it usually clips strangely with the other part.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: