Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:52:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unselectable subset?  (Read 2998 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:10:52 pm »

I've got a table item with a glass "lid", so when things are placed inside, they can't be removed unless you delete the entire object. Is there a way to make an entire subset "unselectable", so you can't grab that part of the mesh in buy/build mode? (the entire glass part is separate in the mesh)

It should be possible, because I've had meshes before that had this "problem" with unselectable parts. It's just that those times it was a problem...

Thanks for any help Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 03:35:33 am »

It is the same problem you get when you have windows on a wall that don't go down (no cutaway). Windows don't have interactions but are solid, you cannot select something behind the window. Your object apparently has solid glass around the object that you are trying to get. What you are needing is an animated lid that has to be lift up before you get the object inside. If not, the lid must be permanent open. It is only selectable the objects that you can put the cursor directly on the top, otherwise you are just clicking on the glass.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:25:41 pm »

Problem resolved. Apparently I had to remove the glass subset from the bounding mesh.

I'd love an animated lid on it, but I've got no idea how to do that. Still, now it's the way I wanted it to be.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: