Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:02:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Crash Logger  (Read 1960 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Monk420

FEAR ME FOR I SHALL RULE MY SIMS!

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2011, 02:15:11 am »

I cant remember the exact name but you put it in your downloads folder, double click it, and a list of mods that are conflicting with one another come up and lets you know if they are causing your game to crash if some one can find this for me I would be ever so grateful.

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:10:46 am »

I have never heard of such a thing.

The closest I can think of is the Hack Conflict Detection Utility, aka HCDU, which you can find on Simwardrobe under Sims 2 > Programs. It scans your Downloads folder for content that may be conflicting and reports the possible conflict. The operative words here being "may be conflicting" and "possible conflict" as it searches for files that modify the same function. It cannot actually tell whether the conflict will cause any problems or a crash.

The most effective "crash logger" and "conflict finder" is the user. If you have something that is causing your game to crash the most effective method is to remove all your Downloads and then start re-introducing them either in small batches or using the 50/50 method and testing the game each time you put some more back into the game, and weeding out and halving the batches until you come up with the problem file.

Everyone I know uses the HCDU as a jump off point but if they fail to identify a real conflict using that program then the good old 50/50 search is what everyone uses. And sometimes the item that crashes your game will not be reported as a hack conflict, eg. the tiki sidetable by Simaddict99 on TSR used to cause crashes (not sure if it's been fixed or not) but did not come up in the HCDU as a conflict because it was a faulty mesh and not a hack conflict. Sometimes you just have to apply elbow grease to fix a game because there is no program to atually do it for you.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Monk420

FEAR ME FOR I SHALL RULE MY SIMS!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 04:22:27 pm »

Thanks Engram, I got my game fixed, now I can play the sims again!

Today I sit here wondering if I shall be a fireman today or a ghost hunter or maybe a doctor instead of just crafting potions to turn imaginary friends real.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: