Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:33:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Healthy Size of Sims 2 Folder *SOLVED!* Thanks!  (Read 5259 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2011, 01:30:33 pm »

Hi. I was just wondering how big a Sims 2 folder should be to run at a reasonable speed. I use barely any CC at all... I have all the EPS, Mansion and Garden, Teen Style, Celebration!, Ikea Kitchen and Bath, H&M, and Ikea Home Stuff. My Sims 2 folder is 1.55 GB and includes eight SavedSims files and two mods. (Insimenator OBJ & Sims2Living Teen Hack)
Thanks.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:34:55 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:46:46 pm »

Sims 2 doesn't really have a limit to the amount of files it will store in your Downloads folder. Of course, the more you have the longer it will take your game to load and the more RAM you have the more content you can have before game loading speeds become a real issue. Some people will have 2 gb or less of cc and will be able to go make coffee/tea, do dishes and take out the garbage before the game loads, while others will have 5 gb or more and wait ten minutes or less.

More here. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 03:46:57 pm »

5GB? Try an staggering and brain boiling 24.8GB...and counting. I've willed myself to stop getting (and making) new CC until I get my new PC with my income tax return...which will top out at 8GB of RAM and a 1TB HDD (A TB is 1000GB to the tech illiterate). Suffice to say once that happens...my TS2 folder will probably grow to even more outlandish proportions. Cheesy

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:53 pm »

Last time I checked, think I had 26 GB or something. If I open my game with all the CC in, it takes half an hour or so. Tends to crash once in a while, since I've not had the willpower needed to sort out old useless downloads yet... But my computer handles it mostly fine. I've got 4 GB memory, and I'm considering getting some more (even if I'm not entirely sure it'll help, because of the stupid 3 GB memory limit Vista has...)

Had 9-10 GB of downloads on my laptop, and it took well over an hour to start it, up to 2 hours if I put in more. Only had 512 mb memory on that one, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:58:15 pm »

shocked 26 GB? Wow, theraven! You must have a lot of paitence to wait so long to play your game! But, it definately shows, your stories are amazing! Your game seems so lifelike. And, kaoz666 , the most I've ever had in my game was 2 GB. Thanks for all your help Joy, kaoz666, and theraven! You guys were very helpful. Smiley

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
MelissaJerome
Machinima Help Desk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:25:59 pm »

I have 64.5 GB and it runs smoothly on windowed mode with Vista. Smiley I have a pretty nice computer so it takes around an hour to get going, when on my old one with better specs it took at least 3 hours. o_o So yeah, there is NO limit. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: