Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:40:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange graphics problem  (Read 2462 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nekotlc

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:38 am »

I was playing the sims 3 last night and  suddenly everything looks like this:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/TLC81/simmies/Screenshot-11.jpg

I don't know if it's my graphics card,  I know I have more than enough memory my computer has 500GB. Anyways I snapped a few pics to show the problem, and exited without saving only to find my desktop looked like that pic and I couldn't click on anything! I was forced to unplug my computer, and when I restarted it everything was fine.So, any ideas on what happened and what I should do?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 08:57:29 am »

Let's start with your computer specs first, please. When asking for technical help with your computer it's always good to give that information. Smiley It could be an issue with your graphic card, but it's hard to say without knowing more.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 09:24:18 am »

And once again, memory (RAM) is NOT the same as harddrive. You can't have 500 GB memory on a regular computer (unless you've got a computer cluster, of course). Most people have regular laptops or stationary PCs, and 512mb to 8gb memory/RAM is what is normal for most personal computers.

If you tell us which OS you're using (operative system - like Windows Vista/XP/7, or Mac) we can help you with where to find the comptuer specs, if you don't already know.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:35:25 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
nekotlc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:37:00 pm »

ok please bear with me. I know very little about computers. It's a Compaq desktop.  I did a check requirements test and here's my pc's stats CPU   Pentium 4 or equivalent   AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor   
CPU Speed   For XP 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 processor or equivalent / For Windows Vista and Windows 7 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 Processor or equivalent   2.89 GHz   
System RAM   For XP 1 GB RAM / For Windows Vista and Windows 7 1.5 GB RAM (NVIDIA ION™ computers, the game requires at least 2 GB RAM)   1.7 GB   
Operating System   Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7   Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit   
Video Card   128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above) [GeForce FX series unsupported under Vista]   GeForce 6150SE nForce 430   
Video RAM   128 MB   889.0 MB   
Video Card 3D         
HW Transform/Lighting         
Vertex Shader version         
Pixel Shader version   2.0   3.0   
DirectX Version         
Sound Card         
Sound Card Driver         
Free Disk Space   At Least 3.5 GB (9.6 GB of hard drive space if installing with The Sims 3) of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games   404.2 GB   
DVD-ROM   

It's telling me my video card is not up to par. The funny thing is that normally it never dose that blurry lines bull crap. I guess I need to buy a new video card.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: