Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:25:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I build Apartments on college campuses?  (Read 8444 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simgirl75001

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2009, 11:34:34 pm »

I do apologize if this question has been asked before, I looked around and didn't find it here....so my question is, is there any way to build or place pre-made apartments on college campuses? It would only make sense to put them there. I was looking around on my game and it didn't offer the option for apartments in the specialty lots section. It would be cool if i could put the apartments there. Thanks.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 04:07:11 am »

It's been a while since I looked into this, but, yes, you can build apartments, or even convert existing residences to apartments or true rental houses.  Be aware though that apartment living, especially for a student with no income other than scholarships, is expensive.  Also roomies and other tenants will be members of the social groups, not fellow students.

I would imagine if you dug around on MTS long enough, you could find a way to put preexisting apartments campus.  One way would be to place an apartment in another neighborhood, change the lot zoning, then move it to the Lot Bin.  Then it should appear in the Lot Bin on campus, place it, change lot zoning to apartment, and you are all set.
simgirl75001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 03:16:48 am »

Thanks so muc for the info ancienthighway. I tried it and it worked fine. As far as being expensive for the students, it wasnt that bad actually. I just let them spend freshman year in the dorms, and moved them to the apartment after they got their semester bonuses. Plus they had a room mate so the rent wasn't so bad either. I would say the only con is you don't get the student has class in one hour notice when you use an apartment lot so you just have to be aware of the time. Other than that it was pretty easy. Thanks again.
epssan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 02:18:17 am »

angry Cheesy
Yes, you can do it.
epssan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 02:19:53 am »

You'd have to have your Sim cast spells and such to work up to the point where you get invited to visit the lot.  Try Googling for a witchcraft guide
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: