Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:24:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbest infomational items ever  (Read 5663 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:58:38 pm »

While reading the manual of my coffee maker I came across what I thought was the dumbest trouble shooting resolution ever which gave me a flash of all the inane directions/instructions/supposedly helpful informational items that I've ever seen in print. Here are two I've encountered:

In my troubleshooting manual (this afternoon):

Problem- The coffeemaker brews clear water.
Possible cause- There may be no coffee grounds in the removable filter basket.
Solution- Add sufficient amount of grounds to paper-lined removable filter basket.

shocked Really? You mean I gotta add the coffee?

On a package of airline peanuts:

Caution:
May contain nuts.
  Eyebrow

Add a few of yours and we'll all have a laugh.

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:07:21 am »

LOL. Yes, I know. The stupid thing is there are people in the world would need the first set of instructions and, as for the second, there are people who would sue for not having that information on a package of peanuts. Kind of like the person who successfully sued McDonalds for there being no warning on the cup about the contents being hot when she spilled her piping hot coffee on her legs and burned herself.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:23:06 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:25:45 am »

For me it's a go figure on the peanuts thing. Unless the argument is that someone sees a peanut as a fruit & not a nut...then the caution should be state clearly that a peanut is in fact a nut Titter.

Back when the Mcdonalds thing happened I found out they had been warned prior to that incident because their coffee was not only extremely hot but scalding.  If I remember right the spill immediately caused 3rd degree large burns that required skin grafts--now that's some hot coffee. I do see your point though. Still most of of us can find a few that we can laugh at.

But nuts in a bag full of nuts? Have mercy on us all. Cheesy

Sims by Dasi:

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 04:08:32 am »

Really? Last time I was in US I was served an icecream that as soon as I put in my mouth, my tongue froze to ice. No one told me that an icecream could be that cold!  rolleyes
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 04:50:06 am »

For stupid warnings: http://www.dumbwarnings.com/

Grin

One of the most stupid things I see, is food products where it says "Best before: See bottom of pack".
Why not print the date where it actually says "best before", or write "best before" where they usually print the date?  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:57:08 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 06:14:38 am »

There are something named "Standard" and normally are used in lands that have no clue about what is the "Standard". Did you know that, in some languages the word "peanut" doesn't contain nuts? Did you know that "amandoas" are nuts? (for me they look like peeled cockroaches!) That "Castanias" are nuts? (taste like beans with sugar!). Well!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:33:59 am »

To put the warning on a product that contains 100% peanuts... That's plain stupid (unless, of course, the name doesn't contain nuts in another language)

I do understand it if the product doesn't contain visible nuts. Like a bag of banana chips I've got in front of me that says "may contain traces of nuts". The producer also makes bags of different nuts, so there is a certain risk of nut traces inside. Or in cases where the nut doesn't have "nut" in the name (almonds - are they a nut even?). Then the warning should probably say "contains nuts".

Still, you'll have to be pretty stupid to go looking around for something that looks like nuts if you're allergic to them - let alone eat it. I'd think that if you're allergic to something, you'd want to be absolutely certain the food you're allergic to isn't in the contents.

Then again, certain people can be (or at least act) quite stupid...

I think I once saw something like "do not turn upside down" at the bottom of a carton. A little too late, isn't it?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 08:06:52 am »

Do you know what you should do if you wanted to send a very important message to the world and wished Everybody read it?
Mispell something, make a very stupid mistake like a rude grammar feil or ofend someone. Your message won't be overseen in any land in the world. And you can make statistics on how many people around the world are sick interested on bagatelles.  Cheesy
ChildofRenessaince

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

I heard on the news not to stand under the iceciciles hannging of the side of the roofs.

Don't they know that they are good to itch your eyes with Huh???!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: